Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Please bring back the instance chooser checkbox (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=92318)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:24 PM

Please bring back the instance chooser checkbox

NOT a petition! Seriously, it's not. Just interested to see who else would like it back.

For some reason I can't find my previous thread about this. It's like the forum had a 2 week rollback or something.

Anyway the game is almost unplayable for me in space. I took me 20 minutes to enter Earth Spacedock today, just like OB when I had to click for 20 minutes.

At least with that checkbox I could log off on the bridge then choose a not full instance, but now it's ridiculous without the checkbox.

Come on Devs, either bring back that checkbox or fix it so people aren't sent to an almostt full instance when loging in or changing areas. Please?

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:44 PM

/signed

Or at least tell us the / command!

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:47 PM

Yes I want this

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:15 AM

You can still choose your instance... Use the transfer button attached to your map

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:24 AM

No lag for me. Then again I have an ooberly awesome computer and fast internet = )

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puella
You can still choose your instance... Use the transfer button attached to your map

But when you are first zoning into the zone you cannot choose your instance, you are automatically zoned into the instance.

/signed
Bring back the instance chooser checkbox, Please.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:18 AM

Guys I just spent 2 hours (Seriously) trying to get to Sector Space to no avail because the channel was full or close, and I was laging horribly. If I try to change channel it kicks me after the instance chooser finally appears.

Loging off on the bridge was the only way to avoid getting sent to a full insttance before, but the checkbox got removed without explanation. The game was almost completely playable, even on my connection, if only I'd get to choose instance. But now I totlaly lag in space and can't change instance or I get kicked off.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:12 AM

Yes, I'll sign this as well.

Meeting up with fleet members is hell without it.
If in a team, everyone scatter to different instance because if one gets full the whole team isn't taken to the one that can fit the whole team.

An other thing this does it pushes you in to the enemy encounters which mean you can't leave the computer for a minute while travelling through sector space. Which is so amazingly boring because it is so slow. If you had the instance changer at least you would get a warning and have 30 seconds to cancel that change of instance.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█. NCC-92872 .
TMT Fleet
Commander JohGeiz th'Shrox
Tactical Captain
U.S.S. Rainbow Warrior
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█.. TMT FLEET -.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:47 PM

/signed. Bring it back.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:57 PM

/signed, why would they remove it in the first place?