Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Damage Types - Disruptor vs Phaser (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=92365)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:39 PM

Damage Types - Disruptor vs Phaser

During the Open Beta one patch changed disruptor damage type to no longer have the -10% resistances proc show in the tooltip. And phasers now seem to have the chance to reduce all systems power (i assume that is what "apply xyz offline mode" means.)

So now phaser and disruptor have the same dps and damage in some cases however disruptor does nothing and phaser can reduce the targets power systems.

Are there any plans to improve disruptor or is it just a display error and disruptor is the same as it was before?

Secondly as the skill tree's progress the damage types change. Are phasers and disruptor available in mark X gear? If it is then whats the reason for spending skill points in multiple damage types and spending more skill points in the later tiers of damage types to gain the same bonus in disruptor for less skill points (200 each instead of 300/400/500).

Are the additional effects of the higher tier damage types significant enough to make it worth using them over the lower tier damage's?

Optimo

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:17 AM

bump server down spammers suck!

I think we need more people making petitions and QQing about the server being down because hey this is the first game to have server problems in the 1st weeks of launch.... oh wait no its not.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opprimo
bump server down spammers suck!

I think we need more people making petitions and QQing about the server being down because hey this is the first game to have server problems in the 1st weeks of launch.... oh wait no its not.

Replying to the wrong tread, are we?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:27 AM

You would think they would have fixed weapon tooltips seeing as how you use basicly the same thing from 1-45. It's very unprofessional to see the script code for effects like applyofflinemode_aux on something so basic and common. From what I'm told disruptors proc a damage resistance debuff, either someone accidently changed removed it or forgot to type it in. Wouldn't be surprised by either. Seriously, everyone in the game will be looking at the tooltip from start to finish. It would be like getting the mens and womens bathroom signs wrong at an amusement park at EVERY restroom.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technech (Post 1809914)
Replying to the wrong tread, are we?

no i just was looking for my thread minutes after i posted it and it was on the 3rd page because so many people were crying about the server being down

so i bumped it :P

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opprimo
So now phaser and disruptor have the same dps and damage in some cases however disruptor does nothing and phaser can reduce the targets power systems.

Secondly as the skill tree's progress the damage types change. Are phasers and disruptor available in mark X gear? If it is then whats the reason for spending skill points in multiple damage types and spending more skill points in the later tiers of damage types to gain the same bonus in disruptor for less skill points (200 each instead of 300/400/500).

Are the additional effects of the higher tier damage types significant enough to make it worth using them over the lower tier damage's?

Optimo

Yeah phasers are a little OP at the moment and i'm surprised they're still letting it through... having 5 phaser weapons will garuantee shields going offline quite often and because of that you can blow things up pretty snazzily.

Secondly... you generally focus on the type of energy weapon yo want to skill up...

People usually ignores tier 3-5 till they find an energy type they like then pump skill into it and ignore the rest.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:43 AM

I was told phasers drain sheilds but do not do hull damage

Disruptors damage hull but dont lower sheilds that well

and no I am not talking about cannons but beams

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:51 AM

I've managed to destroy a ship's shields in one round of dual-phaser fire. I've then destroyed the hull by taking 10% per dual-phaser hit. Not a single torpedo.

Disruptors? Nothing. They did FAR less than any phasers I ever used. It's embarrassing.