Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   fanboys FTL (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=92469)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:14 AM

fanboys FTL

If you guys want them to actually fix the server problems quit being fanboys and patting them on the back when the game hasnt worked half the day. I want this game to do well and i respect the work that has gone into it. the whole 45 mins ive been able to play were fun but it doesnt make up for a lack of planning and **** poor execution. And before anyone flames me just know i have beta tested many mmos and ive tested f2p games with less server issues and bugs.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:17 AM

Oh and FYI regardless whether ppl play this game for a year or it dies out in a month cryptic will still make a boatload of money from all of you who preorder the game hoping they will do a good job.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:19 AM

Spoken like someone who has absolutely no idea how programming and internet technology work. Good game sir!

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:20 AM

right you would know i happen to work in the CIT field so shut your ******n fanboy mouth.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hakurface (Post 1809239)
If you guys want them to actually fix the server problems quit being fanboys and patting them on the back when the game hasnt worked half the day. I want this game to do well and i respect the work that has gone into it. the whole 45 mins ive been able to play were fun but it doesnt make up for a lack of planning and **** poor execution. And before anyone flames me just know i have beta tested many mmos and ive tested f2p games with less server issues and bugs.

Spoken like a true troll with no knowledge of how anything really works lol

You are aware this is not beta, its early access lol

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hakurface (Post 1809561)
right you would know i happen to work in the CIT field so shut your ******n fanboy mouth.

Showing a secretary how to use MS Word doesn't count as programming last I checked...

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entwil (Post 1809636)
Showing a secretary how to use MS Word doesn't count as programming last I checked...

ROFL and lol at that

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:26 AM

I have one thing to say, and yes I know I'm feeding the troll, but I don't care. When it comes to servers being accessed by a multitude of clients, there is no way to know how things are going to play out with a relatively small sample size, open beta still counts as a small sample size even though it was larger than open beta. There are a lot more people connecting now, and bugs that were currently not noticed are just surfacing, and to fix a bug, it needs to present itself first.

Fixing a bug isn't as simple as looking through code and going, oh, I mistyped something, lets fix it and the bug is magically fixed, its much more complicated than that. Fixing bugs requires extensive testing under all conditions, which means different issues are going to make their appearance given different circumstances.

Oh and Hakurface, given how you talk I strongly doubt you work with computers on the level that you suggest. Thank you have a nice day trolling more.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:27 AM

lol you guys are ****ing retared this only further proves my point they will put out a wealth of garbage and idiots like you will continue to pay them for it. you guys are idiots this Early access is worse then most of the closed beta tests ive done i was trying to get to the fact that i want to play this game but i want it done correctly quit rushing products out the door but you wouldnt understand that would you seeing as your a 34 year old man who lives with his parents in their basement quit riding dev **** and grow a pair. you idiots probably already have lifetime subscriptions lol

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hakurface (Post 1809981)
lol you guys are ****ing retared this only further proves my point they will put out a wealth of garbage and idiots like you will continue to pay them for it. you guys are idiots this Early access is worse then most of the closed beta tests ive done i was trying to get to the fact that i want to play this game but i want it done correctly quit rushing products out the door but you wouldnt understand that would you seeing as your a 34 year old man who lives with his parents in their basement quit riding dev **** and grow a pair. you idiots probably already have lifetime subscriptions lol

Do you even have a GED? I mean, your sentence structure and syntax are simply appalling.