Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   If a head start is a thank you.... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=92782)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 06:48 AM

If a head start is a thank you....

If a head start is a thank you, then cryptic must hate every one.

i think since Friday i have properly had about 1 hours worth of game play.

Problems being you can't contact the account sever, after you get that you have to contact the game sever. which all though there is a green light to say the sever is working, you keep getting disconnected from it.

These are the problem you expect in a beta not the pre-launch, in fact there were less problems with the open beta. Why do people moan and complain, because it's supposed to be a finished product. Can you Imagine going out to buy a new product and told there’s no packaging for it, but we can pour it in to your hands, so you can take it home ???

So head start what head start??? if you luck you might just get a character and a 1st officer.

So to Cryptic I'd like to say a BIG thank you for wasting my weekend, I did have other thing I could have done but I thought the idea of a new game would be fun.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 06:51 AM

I agree

II agree with everything you said about this pre-launch weekend. I have not even been able to log in to play at all yet. I downloaded the 8gb file and installed and I cant get on a server to even create my 1st character. Glad I took a day off of work to play a game that isnt playable. woohoo even more money lost on this product. Get you $h!t together Cryptic!

Archived Post 01-31-2010 06:52 AM

My buddies are already lvl 10 now.. Me.. ive just been very unlucky to want to play durring 3, 2 hour down times...

Ive still got to lvl 4.. and have a full crew.. in the couple hours i found to log in.. Ive been sick and basiclaly have slept 24+ hours sence friday evening.. and i still found 3 hours to play :)

Not sure what other issues that you are hving to prevent you from logging in..

Archived Post 01-31-2010 07:23 AM

weird how that works..because I spent 4+ hours on Friday playing and about 6 or 7 hours Saturday playing...had only 2 or 3 discos...

Archived Post 01-31-2010 07:28 AM

If I don't get a DC in under 1 Min i think that's good going, no really.

I live in the UK I was wondering if it's because i don't live in the USA i have a problem

Archived Post 01-31-2010 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalrath (Post 1812871)
If I don't get a DC in under 1 Min i think that's good going, no really.

I live in the UK I was wondering if it's because i don't live in the USA i have a problem

I'm the UK as well and my /played shows 20hrs 45mins and I've only had 1 disconnection (when the server went bye bye for everyone).

Archived Post 01-31-2010 07:54 AM

mine reads an amazing 1 hour 57 min's not bad seeing I've been trying to play for over 16 hours since Friday

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:01 AM

could you play in beta??

there are tons of reasons why you could be having issues..

have you defragged your drive recently.. and scan disk..

have you updated to the newest drivers, Not just vid card.. all windows updates too?

what about your router? are all the right ports open?

firewall set up right?

IF your still having issues.. Run DXdiag, and send the file to techsupport.. there could be other issues your having too

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:10 AM

I agree with the first poster - totally unacceptable. I'm in the U.S. and have been able to login and play maybe 30 minutes over the past 2 days. The other 16 hours have been spent staring at "Space, the final frontier..." loading screens.

Has cryptic acknowledged this issue anywhere? All I see is "Server Up!" If you are trying to **** off as many customers as possible before the actual launch..well...keep doing what you're doing.

Big disappointment so far. :mad: