Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   HELP mission Bug!!!! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=92860)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:14 AM

HELP mission Bug!!!!

I have done 2 different missions that are supposed to reward me a new BO. Both of them when i finished in the chat says i recieve the new BO but it never actually happens??? WTF how do i fix this?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:17 AM

what really gets under my skin is that i should have a full complment of BO's now and i still only have 1

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:23 AM

Has this happened to anyone else?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momurda (Post 1813231)
I have done 2 different missions that are supposed to reward me a new BO. Both of them when i finished in the chat says i recieve the new BO but it never actually happens???

Bridge officers are fairly inexpensive at the starbase, but yeah, I noticed this earlier this morning as well.

I got a "New Bridge Officer" mission (or something like that) after leveling up or similar, and it quickly seemed to auto-complete. After completing ANOTHER mission, the "New Bridge Officer" mission seemed to reappear and give me the bridge officer (though maybe I was hallucinating or something).

Make sure you look at the "Assignments" tab of the "u" window. Tentative officers will show up there and you have to actually invite them (in case you were unaware).

Based on my own experience, I am wondering if it is just a matter of lag where the system eventually hands over an officer, but I guess if all else fails, a support ticket would probably be a safe route since I suspect they can verify the mission if needed.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tstorm (Post 1813329)
Bridge officers are fairly inexpensive at the starbase, but yeah, I noticed this earlier this morning as well.

I got a "New Bridge Officer" mission (or something like that) after leveling up or similar, and it quickly seemed to auto-complete. After completing ANOTHER mission, the "New Bridge Officer" mission seemed to reappear and give me the bridge officer (though maybe I was hallucinating or something).

Make sure you look at the "Assignments" tab of the "u" window. Tentative officers will show up there and you have to actually invite them (in case you were unaware).

Based on my own experience, I am wondering if it is just a matter of lag where the system eventually hands over an officer, but I guess if all else fails, a support ticket would probably be a safe route since I suspect they can verify the mission if needed.

You are right both missing BO's are under the assignments tab... now to figure out how to get them in their place... thank you!

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:29 AM

There i got them... did you say i can buy BO's? Where?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momurda (Post 1813389)
There i got them... did you say i can buy BO's? Where?

On the Earth starbase, look in the Personnel area. There are NPC's there selling bridge officers, skills, and so on.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momurda (Post 1813371)
You are right both missing BO's are under the assignments tab... now to figure out how to get them in their place... thank you!

Right click on them in the assignments tab. Keep in mind you can only have a limited number of BO's at each rank, and "extras" can either be turned down, traded (I think), or used to train your existing BO's in the skills they have.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:49 AM

there is a bug report you can subscribe to of your BO dose not appear in your assignments window after completing a mission. I think it's under missions (type /bug to report a bug).

I've found that the BO's are awarded if you turn n the mission while in the station.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:52 AM

My favorite BO bug is when the tooltip lists the BO's skills as one thing, I select that BO as a reward, and the BO I actually get has totally different skills. That's just good clean fun there. It's like a surprise, and everybody likes surprises.