Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Science Team III (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=92891)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 09:37 AM

Science Team III

How do I train science team 3 once I unlock it?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:05 AM

You need to have a lieutenant commander BO as far as i know.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:00 AM

Training skills is one of the things determined by your profession, as you can only train BOs that match your profession. An Engineer can only train engineering BOs, and so on. While you can raise any skill to level 9 to unlock training, if that trained ability is for a BO profession other that yours, the unlock can't be used. As for the mechanics of training a BO, there should be a little "Train" button at the bottom of your character's status screen. Click it, and you'll be able to train skills to your profession's type of BO.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:12 PM

So science team III can only be used my Lt Com Bo's is what I'm seeing here, and I am a science officer so I should be able to train it once myself and my BO are high enough rank.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:31 PM

That is correct

Archived Post 01-31-2010 04:12 PM

I am science commander now. I want to train it to my science-BO, who is Lt. Cmdr, yet it is not possible (the button is greyed out).

Archived Post 01-31-2010 04:15 PM

So wait, if I'm reading this correctly, you have to be a Science Officer (IE: Science Ground) to be able to train Science Team III (a space skill) on your BO's? I thought everything space was divorced from everything ground -_-

Archived Post 01-31-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpsonsParadox
So wait, if I'm reading this correctly, you have to be a Science Officer (IE: Science Ground) to be able to train Science Team III (a space skill) on your BO's? I thought everything space was divorced from everything ground -_-

If you are a science officer, you are on in space or on the ground.

The tier 1 team skills though impact ground and space (boost your ground BOff abilities as well as the appropriate Team space ability), so no, there is a little crossover between ground and space.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpsonsParadox

It never was. Your profession grants you unique space powers as well. Science officers get Sensor Scan, while tactical officers get Attack Pattern Alpha, for example.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:42 PM

science team III seems to be buggy. I unlocked it and it is still not trainable. Science character, science BO with Lt. cmdr. rank, everything there.