Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   War is good for business (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=92954)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 09:09 AM

War is good for business

The missions could have been fun, but there's not so could you please fire whichever designer came up with the idea to have nebula's interfere with full impluse power?

Thanks in advance.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:03 AM

hehe that is funny

I guess you never watched any Star Trek Episodes eh; the whole thing in Wrath of Khan was that ship systems dont work right near nebulii. You know that is a star nursery; like where stars are born; the forces at work there are unimaginable, hehe and instead of the wonder of it all; you complain about your ships impulse power; lol, thanks for the chuckle.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:59 AM

This was a great mission, and yeah, nebulas are supposed to be annoying like that.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:03 AM

Just be glad....

In CB the last space battle (SS Nandi), you had to kill NINE enemy patrols rather than the current three) all within that nebula. It was 'adds-erific' :D

And there's more of these Nebulas to come, and some that also damage your hull and/or shields. Its all about changing your play style for eaach mission.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 02:00 PM

A couple of things that would make this mission a little better:

1: Don't have the ship be the Nandi every time. Use a random name (IE, name each ship around the Starbase) and let it be a different one each time you do the mission. Also have it spawn in a different place each time the mission is encountered. That way you don't know exactly who you're scanning for or where they are.

2: Make the nebuli a bigger threat. Maybe 50% shield strength, or 50% targetting decrease. The nebuli needs to be more of a hindrance then just slowing you down to get there; because once you get to the patrols are all within each reach.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 11:37 AM

it seems i can not complete this quest, when i'm being asked to scan the 4 cargo bays i can only scan 3 of them. i went into every cargo bay at least ten times, beamed up to ship, beamend down again, but still there's no fourth scannable cargo bay.

seems to be a bug or am i missing something? :confused:

is there any way to restart the quest?

edit: ARRRRRR, i got it, i missed the little spot where you able to scan in cargo bay 4 all the time......

Archived Post 02-05-2010 03:35 PM

i just did that quest,

u where u scan the 3/4 crates,

on the mini map u see 4 rooms all leading 2, 1 center hallway.

just check out all 4 rooms for a big blinking crate!!!!

Archived Post 02-05-2010 03:41 PM

You would think you could scan them in order 1- 4, but actually it's 1,2,4 than 3... or at least was when it worked for me. And you have to be sort of middle of the room for it to work...

Archived Post 02-12-2011 08:56 PM

Just done this mission and was looking for info - loved it. Hated it at first, but eventually loved it. The difficulty with the nebula stuff (nearly got killed by a bunch of syphon thingies, having never enountered them before, and not knowing how to handle them, and having just switched from standard to dual disruptors and learning them at the same time :) ) made victory the sweeter, and the transitions between ship and ground were well handled, it felt seamless, I was pretty well immersed. The ground battle was pretty hard for me, but, again, felt great to beat.

One of the best missions I've encountered so far, although there have been a few other good 'uns already.

Archived Post 02-14-2011 01:43 AM

i just did this mission on my alt. All you have to do it eat an engine battery, hit evasive manoeuvres, and shift ship power to engines. This makes short work of the travel :)