Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Server again! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=92975)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 09:12 AM

Server again!

Exactly at 12 EST.... OK this is no crash or emergency Cryptic should just come out and say that these are scheduled times. I mean WTH can't you people at cryptic just post the scheduled times we know its 12pm and 7pm and 3 am. SO POST IT!!! It is routine now!!

Archived Post 01-31-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khan-Noonien-Singh
Exactly at 12 EST.... OK this is no crash or emergency Cryptic should just come out and say that these are scheduled times. I mean WTH can't you people at cryptic just post the scheduled times we know its 12pm and 7pm and 3 am. SO POST IT!!! It is routine now!!

they may be having problems...

Archived Post 01-31-2010 09:17 AM

at the exact same time everyday? I think not, these are scheduled rebooots. CRYPTIC just don't want to come out and say it. Maybe after a week of going down the EXACT same times everyday they may make a post.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 09:18 AM

Have you considered that they do this when people find new exploits? It's common for a new game to drop... often. Get used to it until one of two things happen:

1) Cryptic weeds out all the bugs.

2) People become the noble, altruistic types that exist in sci-fi fantasy.

Personally, I think Cryptic will win this one before Humanity does.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 09:18 AM

Why wouldn't they say it?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthepatriot (Post 1814535)
Have you considered that they do this when people find new exploits? It's common for a new game to drop... often. Get used to it until one of two things happen:

1) Cryptic weeds out all the bugs.

2) People become the noble, altruistic types that exist in sci-fi fantasy.

Personally, I think Cryptic will win this one before Humanity does.

I'd hate to step on your noble toes, but Cryptic most likely is not doing this on intent. Server crashes = Losing customers.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iminay
I'd hate to step on your noble toes, but Cryptic most likely is not doing this on intent. Server crashes = Losing customers.

Were you of the impression that my noble toes were treading on Cryptic's battered digits? I was bantering on behalf of the bruised, butthead :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echostatic (Post 1814572)
Why wouldn't they say it?

Why WOULD they? If an exploit is found, it would behoove the devs NOT to talk about it... in case the cure is worse than the illness :)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:09 AM

I might actually like this game if I could play for more than 10 minutes befoe having loading issues.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:10 AM

So many ******ned apologists for Cryptic here. Whatever way you slice it, this has been one of the most unstable MMO releases to date. "Headstart" this may be, but it's a paid service that is not being delivered.

If this is a loading issue then the servers are going to blow up on Tuesday.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:10 AM

Those times are suspicious. Could be they have an automated backup running on the database and it's eating the database server's processor.