Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   More Emergency Maintenance (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=93115)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:14 AM

More Emergency Maintenance

Come on, really? This is head start now, not beta. Get it together!

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tehtsuo (Post 1815599)
Come on, really? This is head start now, not beta. Get it together!

Welcome to MMO launch. It's not fun, but this happens when a new MMO launches.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:22 AM

I know.
My patience for this crap is wearing thin. I could tolerate it during beta, but this is not beta.

Were we stress testing the servers during beta or not?

I thought the things was we put up with disconnects and server downtimes in beta so we would not have to during launch. What a load of ******** that was.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:24 AM

I don't mind it. When the server goes down it says to me they are attempting to fix things.

There are issues of stability that will be unacceptable if not fixed that will effect the lifespan of this game. So relax. This happens at the launch of every game I've ever played.

The time in loading between instances is unacceptable even for someone with patience. Also still getting dumped periodically between loadings back to the log in server. Rubber banding due to lag when there shouldn't be noticable lag due to population density management.

So yeah. This game needs fixing.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:24 AM

Just think of how terrible this will be when server load increased exponentially when the game hits retail, this is not normal for a MMO launch as others have said, this is closed beta type stuff, I love this game because its Star Trek, but if it wasn't this is a really, really bad game, in just about every way.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:26 AM

Wtf

ust wait till tuesday, we will never keep this server up

has anyone at cryptic ever ran an online game before. GET THE SERVER ISSUE FIXED OR YOU WILL NOT HAVE SUBSCRIBERS

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:30 AM

This is nothing guys.. I was unlucky enough to experience the launch of Anarchy Online.. Now that was truly amazing.

Like all launches there are things to work out.. I'm sure when we're a month in things will be a lot better.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:31 AM

As much as it bugs me that the server is always going down, it IS to be expected in an MMO launch of such popularity. At least they're on it.

What IS disappointing is the way this game was rushed, when clearly it needed a lot of polish before launch. We all look to Blizzard as an example of the way to make an MMO, but not every game company has the patience (and more importantly, funding) that Blizzard has when it comes to not rushing out its products and taking as much time as it needs to put out the best product they can.

That said, I am expecting Cryptic to come through on their promise of a stellar game and fix things quickly and add all the content and polish necessary to be a real competitor for WoW and Eve and the upcoming Star Wars MMO. They rushed this game, now they've got to make it as cool as they made it out to be, and fast.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:31 AM

you guys need to find other things to do instead of sitting at your pc for 2 hours refreshing the server status page. else you really will go mad :D

Happens with most mmo launches, deal with it!

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:32 AM

Heaven forbid they try to take down the servers and fix them BEFORE the official release.

I can't believe they would do something so logical...blew my mind, and I think I shat my pants.