Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Cheap Energy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=93171)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:25 AM

Cheap Energy

Wow teh buggers are fast have two mails offering cheap energy credits :rolleyes:

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:26 AM

I'am Too

i have become 4 mails to buy cheap energy at a price of 59000 $ :eek::eek:

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:28 AM

4 mails here, all came in overnight, all from the same stupid website.

PLEASE add a way to block this! Maybe make all currencies non-tradable?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkjedi (Post 1816311)
4 mails here, all came in overnight, all from the same stupid website.

PLEASE add a way to block this! Maybe make all currencies non-tradable?

Currency isn't something that can be traded in-game....at least not as far as I am aware.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:39 AM

I got two emails and Darkjedi really like your pictures of your Captain and crew and your other work. :;)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:39 AM

Probably the same folks camping out in the clusters and farming resource spawns. Horrible waste of time. i've only been hitting resources when they are in front of me. The rest of the time I don't try too hard to get them. Right now I have 2 rows of slots packed full of those useless things.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:43 AM

yeah i have 2 pms from spammers and so far i can't see away to ingnore or report them from the website. not tryied it ingame yet.

also if you click the link and check it out they show seperate servers for EU and US and the EU has 2 Servers. bit of a scam + they are using a CO image as the advert

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:21 AM

What do the different slections mean under the social tab related to drops. It has something like master looter
and round robin? what do these mean in terms of drops? I have noticed many times, the drop icon shows but is
not available to me....

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USSZenica
What do the different slections mean under the social tab related to drops. It has something like master looter
and round robin? what do these mean in terms of drops? I have noticed many times, the drop icon shows but is
not available to me....

what has this got to do with anything being discussed in this thread

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:11 PM

I suspect that many of these are not so truthful. Anyone can claim 500,000 energy credits for $20.00. Once your credit card goes through, you don't have to get anything nor do they have to give it to you. You purchased something through an illegal means which makes you just as guilty. You're out $20.00 and they don't get reported. And even if they do, stopping them is almost impossible.

Hell, they could tell you they have 100,000 Merits (which are not transferable) and I bet they'd still get a few people.

Remember, the cost of a spam account is $15.00 a month. All you need is 1 sucker a month.