Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Am I the only one who likes ground combat? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=93203)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:30 AM

Am I the only one who likes ground combat?

It seems like all over the forums, people are trashing the ground combat. I can't figure out why, because I find it fun and very interesting once you get your skills.

Am I missing something, or what?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:33 AM

I like the ground combat too. It's better than the space battles, because I don't need to hit spacebar non-stop and my wrist wont get sore in the process.

That's why I only do pvp in ground battles.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:34 AM

Ground combat makes baby Jebus cry.

:D

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:34 AM

I kind of like it.

It's not perfect, but it's OK.

My one gripe is when a target is, well.....targetted, I can only strafe and not turn. This is a pain when some flanking fire comes in.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:35 AM

i like it, just needs boss mobs that are +1 lvl higher then the rest in the instance

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:35 AM

i think its very boring because as a science officer it takes 1min or more to kill one group of enemies - and its not tactical - you just have to wait because DPS is to low (even with exploiting damage when its possible)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:37 AM

Although the space combat is really the selling point and I probably wouldn't have bought the game if it ONLY had ground combat, I do enjoy it. It is both fun and Star-Trek-y. Especially when you hav a full away team all geared up. Maybe it's just because I'm playing as a science officer / medic so I have to micro-manage my full team. But yeah, I don't understand why people insult the ground combat. It's at least as good as any other MMORPG, and it's not even the main game.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:37 AM

I like it. It's fun. Haven't done many ground combats yet, but the few I've done I've enjoyed. More of that, please!

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:38 AM

I enjoy it for a nice change of pace.

Its not perfect, and needs polish / variety.

But it has grown on me :D

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harakiri23 (Post 1816873)
i think its very boring because as a science officer it takes 1min or more to kill one group of enemies - and its not tactical - you just have to wait because DPS is to low (even with exploiting damage when its possible)

I've been tactical, engineering and science (currently science) and I have not seen any real difference in killing speed. Course first thing I do when I get some cash is buy an away teams worth of BOs. One tact, One Eng and Two Sci (on medical and one that strips off shields). The stripping of shields helps a LOT to speed things up.

And you can definitely put me in the I <3 Ground Missions :D