Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Cryptic, I give you 1 month, no more. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=93307)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:45 AM

Cryptic, I give you 1 month, no more.

Thats right, i don't care if you read this or not Crypitc (Or associated entites), i'm going to say my peace regardless..

I've played several of your games, and STO by far is the worse trash i've ever encountered.

1. I find myself spending more time in Character Creation then i do in the game... why? Because the Toon creation is the only thing done properly, even said it's also redundant, and not needed...

2. You draw people in with all this marketing, advertising, and amazing character creation, just to create an impulsive push to buy lifetime subs, or 1 year subs - I find this to be purely **** business practice, you lure us in, and get as much cash out of us as you can, then we realize the game is nothing but a linear rehashed model of your predecessor games, and whats worse, the first week of game play in STO, will be exactly the same as you 240th week of game play... The hell?

3. I've been here since the betas, i want to pull the plug then, but i ignorantly let it ride, hoping ti would improve...
- It hasn't, this is beyond crap, the server stability is ****, even the community website's stability is sub-par.
I know part-time modders who have more imagination, and better upstanding of gaming stability, and longevity then obviously your entire company.

4. My biggest regret is pre-ordering this, I've heard all the "Fan-Boy" Excuses to these issues, and they are not valid excuses :
- "Give it time, it needs to work out it's kinks" - NO, you should have done that BEFORE you launched it.

This game is a representation of your companies ability to produce, and sustain a franchised MMO - On all parts you have failed, You've upset the fan base of Star Trek, and true MMO Players, and Veterans are disgusted with this game, it does nothing to get your attention, the sheer amount of game play issues are staggering, the quests are repetitive, and rehashed, the PvP has no bearing on purpose.

There is nothing to this game, it's a shell with out a soul or purpose, Where is the MMO? I don't interact with anyone or anything - I'm so frustrated with this, i can't even articulate my frustrations..

Seems like the only effort put into STO, was the marketing, and Pre-Order "Goodies" used to lure us into your trap!

1 Month Cryptic, if i'm not enthralled, i'm out - not just from STO, but FROM any title you ever release again, i don't care what the Fan Boys say, this game is a complete joke - :mad::mad:

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:49 AM

Ta ra then.

As final posts go I'm sure songs will be sung about yours.

You clearly have no intention of giving anything any kind of chance to mature. Oh, and yes using the word 'mature' here was an ironic poke at you.

Bye bye.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:52 AM

servers will be fine and stable in a few days, no need to get your panties all in a bunch

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:52 AM

lifers paid already why work for it

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vakel
Thats right, i don't care if you read this or not Crypitc (Or associated entites), i'm going to say my piece regardless..

I've played several of your games, and STO by far is the worst trash I've ever encountered.

1. I find myself spending more time in Character Creation than I do in the game... why? Because the Toon creation is the only thing done properly, even said it's also redundant, and not needed...

2. You draw people in with all this marketing, advertising, and amazing character creation, just to create an impulsive push to buy lifetime subs, or 1 year subs - I find this to be purely **** business practice. You lure us in, and get as much cash out of us as you can, then we realize the game is nothing but a linear rehashed model of your previous games, and whats worse, the first week of game play in STO, will be exactly the same as you 240th week of game play... The hell?

3. I've been here since the betas, i want to pull the plug then, but i ignorantly let it ride, hoping ti would improve...
- It hasn't, this is beyond crap, the server stability is ****, even the community website's stability is sub-par.
I know part-time modders who have more imagination, and better understanding of gaming stability, and longevity then obviously your entire company.

4. My biggest regret is pre-ordering this, I've heard all the "Fanboy" excuses to these issues, and they are not valid excuses :
- "Give it time, it needs to work out it's kinks" - NO, you should have done that BEFORE you launched it.

This game is a representation of your company's ability to produce, and sustain a franchised MMO - On all parts you have failed. You've upset the fan base of Star Trek, and true MMO Players, and Veterans are disgusted with this game, it does nothing to get your attention, the sheer amount of game play issues are staggering, the quests are repetitive, and rehashed, the PvP has no bearing or purpose.

There is nothing to this game. It's a shell with out a soul or purpose, Where is the MMO? I don't interact with anyone or anything - I'm so frustrated with this, i can't even articulate my frustrations...

Seems like the only effort put into STO, was the marketing, and Pre-Order "Goodies" used to lure us into your trap!

1 Month Cryptic, if i'm not enthralled, i'm out - not just from STO, but from ANY title you ever release again, I don't care what the fanboys say, this game is a complete joke - :mad::mad:

I love when someone writes with such nerd rage that I have to actually edit their statement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben_C
Ta ra then.

As final posts go I'm sure songs will be sung about yours.

You clearly have no intention of giving anything any kind of chance to mature. Oh, and yes using the word 'mature' here was an ironic poke at you.

Bye bye.

Psuedo-Philosphical banter from you sir.

Let me break this down to the ABC's, for childern like you with small brains.

This game doesn't need to "Mature", the issues with this game won't be fixed with maturing, or even several large live content patches..

The entire super structure of this game requires stripping, and re-worked.

BUT you are a FAN BOY, hence YOU said the VERY thing i said you would say.. Curious, thats called Irony - Roflmao, moron.

Furthermore, if it needed to "Mature", do that prior to release, again i know kids who can mod better then this game was designed, truly a sad day in MMO's, and you sir can't even articulate a point worth of debating, you appetizing the pure fail that is STO.

GG, you lose.

sigh... I dont neccissarily disagree with your sentiments, but I think your delivery is is all wrong. It's like watching junior high school shakespear.

If you really were in the frame of mind to give them one month to fix server stability, then you wouldnt come across as so angry... unless you're the kind of person who thinks people respond well to ultimatums? You should realise that anger causes people to switch off from what you are saying, and react with out really understanding what you say.

Anyway, your post is a bit of a moot point. Most MMO'ers allready realise new games only get 1 month to impress, or the subscription base plummets. Even avid fans of an IP will tend to only stick around for 3 months if the game is sub-par. Interestingly enough, almsot every mmo is sub par these days, atleast thats what the huge line of failed and failing mmo's would suggest.

Anyway, half of what you say I agree with, but raging isnt going to get you anything but mocked.

I'll end this with how it started...

sigh...

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:58 AM

There's reasons to go either way on this issue really. I'd like to take the optimistic view just because I'm a lifelong fan of the series and would really like to see this game take off. Cryptic will clearly play a big role in whether or not this succeeds, but the players have to have some degree of patience.

It was a short beta, as far as I can tell, so you have to expect bugs. Patch notes for all patches would be EXTREMELY nice, especially since it at least gives us the idea our cries are being heard. Downtime is downtime, it's going to be expected. I would hope it gets to a point where we see weekly maintenance or monthly maintenance instead of random downs.

The content can get a lot better, but they are going to have to get a feel for the playerbase before really maturing that side in my opinion. Look how much any of the long standing MMOs have changed over the years. I played Anarchy Online for a long time, then World of ********, and both are essentially completely different beasts than when at launch. What they've given us is a template, and now they can either build upon that and things will grow or they can just let it die.

Complaining typically does nothing to improve a situation, although I enjoy it quite much. The more players give constructive feedback and at least try to better the game the higher our chances of seeing success here will be.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:02 AM

Oh this is fun, watching Fan boys - Attempt to extrappulate emotions from a forum post.. some how that seems to defy physics..

How amusing to watch the Fan boys rage over my alleged rage (Which is actually just a somber post about my opinions about this game), sadly all your flag waving isn't going to make my or anyone's else money stick around -- So sworryz.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vakel
Thats right, i don't care if you read this or not Crypitc (Or associated entites), i'm going to say my peace regardless..

I've played several of your games, and STO by far is the worse trash i've ever encountered.

1. I find myself spending more time in Character Creation then i do in the game... why? Because the Toon creation is the only thing done properly, even said it's also redundant, and not needed...

2. You draw people in with all this marketing, advertising, and amazing character creation, just to create an impulsive push to buy lifetime subs, or 1 year subs - I find this to be purely **** business practice, you lure us in, and get as much cash out of us as you can, then we realize the game is nothing but a linear rehashed model of your predecessor games, and whats worse, the first week of game play in STO, will be exactly the same as you 240th week of game play... The hell?

I know part-time modders who have more imagination, and better upstanding of gaming stability, and longevity then obviously your entire company.

4. My biggest regret is pre-ordering this, I've heard all the "Fan-Boy" Excuses to these issues, and they are not valid excuses :

This game is a representation of your companies ability to produce, and sustain a franchised MMO - On all parts you have failed, You've upset the fan base of Star Trek, and true MMO Players, and Veterans are disgusted with this game, it does nothing to get your attention, the sheer amount of game play issues are staggering, the quests are repetitive, and rehashed, the PvP has no bearing on purpose.

There is nothing to this game, it's a shell with out a soul or purpose, Where is the MMO? I don't interact with anyone or anything - I'm so frustrated with this, i can't even articulate my frustrations..

1 Month Cryptic, if i'm not enthralled, i'm out - not just from STO, but FROM any title you ever release again, i don't care what the Fan Boys say, this game is a complete joke - :mad::mad:

Amen. The only thing good about the game is the space combat. The rest is shallow and repetitive. It feels like a single player game. I agree that this was nothing but an attempt to cash in on the Star Trek name. I can only hope that in 6 months Cryptic is in the same boat as Mythic Entertainment. Maybe it'll give other game developers a fair warning about producing sub-par piece of crap games.