Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Fanbois dont help. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=93313)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:46 AM

Fanbois dont help.
 
Let me start by saying im a huge ST fan and scifi in general i am also a seasond mmo gamer 35 years old and ive played almost all of them. So far i think im up to 18-20 alpha/beta tests. That being said im no rookie to launches nor problems therein.

One thing you cannot do if you as a consumer if you want your chosen game to be good is make excuses for the developers. What that does is show them you are willing to accept halfassd work becouse of the games license just ask those who watched there swg go down in flames becouse of all the ubergeeks willimg to accept starwarsy and iconic :p

The people complaining about the headstart have every right to do so and LOUDLY. In essence what we have given them is an interest free loan to be able to PLAY the COMPLETED game untill launch thats what ya paid for thats what you should get. (threatining to sue is ridiculous).

Even worse then empty and idle threats is coddling them. Alot of you are young and have never had people working for you but alot of you have and do. So let me ask you this if i work for you and i tell you that on wensday im doin A,b,c, so that on fri D can happen if by sun D still hasnt happend or breaks when you try to use it are you going to make excuses for him/her?

Since the moment they took my money i have had every right to expect and demand a useable and viable product that holds true with anything not only mmo's but for some reason gameing companies get away with releasing half finished unstable products as a rule and not the exception. Untill we the end user stop tolerating it ,it shall never change.

Let them know you are unsatisfied but do intelligently,politely,and with some respect. But for the love of god dont tell people they have no right nor basis to be dissapointed.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:49 AM

I Agree 100%

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinkybudz
Let me start by saying im a huge ST fan and scifi in general i am also a seasond mmo gamer 35 years old and ive played almost all of them. So far i think im up to 18-20 alpha/beta tests. That being said im no rookie to launches nor problems therein.

One thing you cannot do if you as a consumer if you want your chosen game to be good is make excuses for the developers. What that does is show them you are willing to accept halfassd work becouse of the games license just ask those who watched there swg go down in flames becouse of all the ubergeeks willimg to accept starwarsy and iconic :p

The people complaining about the headstart have every right to do so and LOUDLY. In essence what we have given them is an interest free loan to be able to PLAY the COMPLETED game untill launch thats what ya paid for thats what you should get. (threatining to sue is ridiculous).

Even worse then empty and idle threats is coddling them. Alot of you are young and have never had people working for you but alot of you have and do. So let me ask you this if i work for you and i tell you that on wensday im doin A,b,c, so that on fri D can happen if by sun D still hasnt happend or breaks when you try to use it are you going to make excuses for him/her?

Since the moment they took my money i have had every right to expect and demand a useable and viable product that holds true with anything not only mmo's but for some reason gameing companies get away with releasing half finished unstable products as a rule and not the exception. Untill we the end stop tolerating it ,it shall never change.

Let them know you are unsatisfied but do intelligently,politely,and with some respect. But for the love of god dont tell people they have no right nor basis to be dissapointed.

Well said 100% agree

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinkybudz
Let them know you are unsatisfied but do intelligently,politely,and with some respect.

Too bad this approach is a rarity. Also, the use of "fanboi" in the way you have is derogatory, which is not intelligent, polite or respectful.

...spaces after commas are good!

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:54 AM

when i hear some of the things people say on these forums i wonder how they get by in real life. If they go out to eat and their order takes an hour and is not even what they ordered do they go hug the chef, tip the waitress extra and just be thankful there is food is at all?

Or do they blame the drivers for Toyatos faulty cars or find it accpetable those went to market?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:55 AM

Because fanbois have always been respectful telling others to take it up the behind when we've paid for a product and expecting it to work?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:55 AM

/signed

I paid an extra$10 to play this weekend.. I'm not getting what I paid for..

is it the end of the world.. no.. but it is disappointing and will make me think twice.. and the next Cryptic MMO I won't have to think at all... fool me once..

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaustic13 (Post 1818557)
Too bad this approach is a rarity. Also, the use of "fanboi" in the way you have is derogatory, which is not intelligent, polite or respectful.

...spaces after commas are good!

wow, really? can i sell you crap products then because your the type who likes them and would by them. what your name and where do you live so i can start doing a door to door sell with crap and make money off people like you too!

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMOWarrior (Post 1818818)
/signed

I paid an extra$10 to play this weekend.. I'm not getting what I paid for...

Why did you pay an extra $10 just to play this weekend? Any pre order gets you into head start, right? I paid 99 cents to get into head start through Target.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaustic13 (Post 1818557)
Too bad this approach is a rarity. Also, the use of "fanboi" in the way you have is derogatory, which is not intelligent, polite or respectful.

...spaces after commas are good!


It was meant to be derogatory and sorry for the bad english grammar its my 6th language. If you would like to continue in French,Spanish,Portugese,Italian or croation it would be my pleasure and i promise my grammer will be much improved.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:43 AM.