Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   BO's - How many can I command @ 1 time? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=93322)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:47 AM

BO's - How many can I command @ 1 time?

Sorry for the noob question, but I didn't see anything posted...

Does anyone have an idea as to how many BO's I can have under my command at any given time?

Currently I am only at the Lieu. command as a tactical officer and control four officiers. I have 1 tactical, 2 science, and one engineer.

I love modifying my characters and have a Borg coming (who doesn't). I just wanted to know if there was a limit to BO's or if that number increased as my rank or ship size increased.

Thanks for your help!

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot_Toddy (Post 1818071)
Sorry for the noob question, but I didn't see anything posted...

Does anyone have an idea as to how many BO's I can have under my command at any given time?

Currently I am only at the Lieu. command as a tactical officer and control four officiers. I have 1 tactical, 2 science, and one engineer.

I love modifying my characters and have a Borg coming (who doesn't). I just wanted to know if there was a limit to BO's or if that number increased as my rank or ship size increased.

Thanks for your help!

I know at Lieutenant, you're limited to 4, haven't made Lt. Cmdr yet, I'm interested in knowing what the limit is also.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:56 AM

There was a list of ships stickied on the forums b4 they were archived and that showed that the higher ranked ship had more slots for BO's than lower ranked I think admiral needs about 6 Bo's so i think that probably ans your question.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwarazi (Post 1818847)
There was a list of ships stickied on the forums b4 they were archived and that showed that the higher ranked ship had more slots for BO's than lower ranked I think admiral needs about 6 Bo's so i think that probably ans your question.

Not necessarily, tier 1 ships only have 3 BO slots but you can have 4 BO's when you're in a Tier 1 ship, so I would imagine that you would usually be able to have more BO's than what you can assign to BO stations at any rank. This would allow you to swap out BO's for different situations, or have some spec'd for ground and others for space.

If anyone knows what the progression is and how many commissioned BO's you can have at any given rank, that would be useful information.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:02 AM

here is a great link that will help you see how many officers each ship type can hold and what types of officers. http://suricatasblog.files.wordpress...tierchart1.png

Edit... for ground missions you can have up to 5 with you.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:04 AM

I noticed that you can have 4 BOs at Lt (your total "pool" of BOs), and that increased to 6 at Lt Cmd. No idea if it keeps on increasing by 2 every rank though. Ship wise, you're stuck with 4 until Admiral, at which point you can use 5; the 5th type being determined by which of the T5 ships you pick: -

Suricata's Ship Chart

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDowner
here is a great link that will help you see how many officers each ship type can hold and what types of officers. http://suricatasblog.files.wordpress...tierchart1.png

Yeah, I already have that saved to my desktop, what I want to know is, how many active BO's can you have on your roster at any given rank, not how many BO stations you get per ship tier.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwarazi (Post 1818847)

Correct information, but you have misunderstood the question. They want to know how many BO's they can have on their roster.

As of right now, at lt cmdr you get two more, so 6. At commander 2 more, so 8. In open beta I never got to captain, but im guessing 2 more. And then 2 more at admiral would be my guess. So a minimum of 12 officers on your roster.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpiovaeden (Post 1819753)
Correct information, but you have misunderstood the question. They want to know how many BO's they can have on their roster.

As of right now, at lt cmdr you get two more, so 6. At commander 2 more, so 8. In open beta I never got to captain, but im guessing 2 more. And then 2 more at admiral would be my guess. So a minimum of 12 officers on your roster.

Thank you for cutting through the fog. :)

Also, I vaguely remember a dev post saying that the max was 10, but 12 would definitely be nice.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:20 AM

Yeah they havent stated online for certain how many you can have. There have been a few dev posts about it... one did say 10, one said 8-12... another said 16-18. So no idea which is correct. LOL.