Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Art of Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Cryptic, Can You Update the Commodities Icons-Please? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=933781)

panserbjorne39 11-26-2013 08:38 PM

Cryptic, Can You Update the Commodities Icons-Please?

I just finished watching "Progress" from S1 of DS9. The one where Nog and Jake score the self sealing stem bolts. A really cute and touching episode if you haven't seen it. Anyway,
the self sealing stem bolts looked pretty cool and quite different from what they are in our current icons. Since we have the new console icons can we also do the commodities?

azurianstar 11-26-2013 08:56 PM

Na, the original Commodity symbols are fine. Rather they fix the new Consoles so they are actually readable by vision-impaired players. Nobody is still able to tell them apart after all these months.

Still disappointed nobody on the Dev Team cares for people who have vision problems.

deokkent 11-26-2013 09:00 PM

I'm not visually impaired, I don't even wear glasses and I am still unable to tell the consoles apart. Anyways, the new art forces me to read everything.

Now that I am thinking about it, I don't think I've read a book in weeks. Aww, Cryptic is so nice, cuz they care enough for my reading skillz to stay sharp :D.

centersolace 11-26-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurianstar (Post 13718911)
Na, the original Commodity symbols are fine. Rather they fix the new Consoles so they are actually readable by vision-impaired players. Nobody is still able to tell them apart after all these months.

Still disappointed nobody on the Dev Team cares for people who have vision problems. I know couple of people left because of it. :(

I agree. I came back and I didn't recognize my own build. :rolleyes:

They look cool, but they're far too small for that amount of detail.

ddesjardins 11-26-2013 09:20 PM

This was mentioned during the last revision. Vision impaired players could not make out the details.

Preferably I don't want to see any enhancements or improvements to ANYTHING until they get the 211 odd bugs fixed in the game as it stands.

The first sign of a bad product is when you update the packaging instead of product to sell more.

cptjhunter 11-26-2013 09:41 PM

Sure, after the forum fires that burned almost out of control when they changed the console Icons.I bet they would just love to change the commodities Icons.

panserbjorne39 11-26-2013 11:30 PM

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

deokkent 11-27-2013 12:08 AM

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

bluegeek 11-27-2013 06:50 AM

Moved to Art forum.

centersolace 11-27-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cptjhunter (Post 13719511)
Sure, after the forum fires that burned almost out of control when they changed the console Icons.I bet they would just love to change the commodities Icons.

Heh. I'm glad I wasn't around then. :P