Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Headstart... Cryptic You Owe Us (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=93546)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:30 AM

Headstart... Cryptic You Owe Us

So far during this headstart for STO I have spent more time offline because of the srvers either crashing ormaintenance. BEFORE ANY BODY STATES THAT THIS IS PRE-LAUNCH PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE GAME LAUNCHER ITSELF STATES BETA IS OVER. I have purcahsed a lifetime subscription as well as paid for a pre-order. So yes I am a paying customer at this point. One of the reasons for my descission to make a pre-launch purchase of STO was the headstart offered for doing so. However, due to STO server issues, I have not been able to play the "headstart" as advertised. I feel that Cryptic should compensate those of us who have been suffering through this something "in game". Either X number of skill points or credits or merits. Something. We are not advancing our charactors as promised with our Pro-order Headstart. What do you, the other customers of this mmo, think?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:33 AM

I dunno man. I've been through this procedure enough times that it's not a big deal to me. It is true every MMO has these issues, which doesn't make it right, but does make it normal. I'm not mad at Cryptic, nor am I happy I can't play, but it standard problems I;ve seen before.

No, no compensation is warranted IMO.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartacca (Post 1821471)
So far during this headstart for STO I have spent more time offline because of the srvers either crashing ormaintenance. BEFORE ANY BODY STATES THAT THIS IS PRE-LAUNCH PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE GAME LAUNCHER ITSELF STATES BETA IS OVER.

TECHNICALLY SPEAKING A GAME DOESN'T LAUNCH UNTIL IT IS IN STORES AND WIDELY AVAILABLE TO THE MASSES. AS IT STANDS WE ARE ALLOWED EARLY ACCESS BECAUSE WE PRE-ORDERED SO TO US, PERHAPS, IT HAS LAUNCHED. GENERALLY SPEAKING, HOWEVER, IT WILL NOT LAUNCH UNTIL TUESDAY.

ALSO, USING ALL CAPS doesn't make you cool.

Quote:

I have purcahsed a lifetime subscription as well as paid for a pre-order. So yes I am a paying customer at this point.
You're a paid customer who will not be making any future payments on the game, sans expansion packs. So if I were to take the cynic route I could argue that since Cryptic already has all the money they're going to get out of you, they have no incentive to listen to what you have to say.

Quote:

One of the reasons for my descission to make a pre-launch purchase of STO was the headstart offered for doing so. However, due to STO server issues, I have not been able to play the "headstart" as advertised. I feel that Cryptic should compensate those of us who have been suffering through this something "in game". Either X number of skill points or credits or merits.
You know, I was all about to get on your ass for demanding they give us a free month. But... some extra credits wouldn't hurt. It'd temporarily throw the in-game economy off, but capitalism has a way of balancing out.

Quote:

Something. We are not advancing our charactors as promised with our Pro-order Headstart. What do you, the other customers of this mmo, think?
After hearing your idea, sir, I agree.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:36 AM

I will personally pay the $4 that covers the entire period of head start. You realise you are paying less than $0.50 a day right?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:37 AM

No I'm not mad. I'm just stating that the headstart is not working as advertised. Most of us believe that the purpose of headstart was to advance our charactors before actual launch. As I stated before, we are not getting to do so because of their server issues. Otherwise what was the point of purchasing the game prelaunch?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:39 AM

Nope, doesn't work that way. They only advertised headstart would be open to you, which it is. If you've spent anytime in-game since Jan 29th, you have participated in headstart. They never said how often you'd get to play it, just that you would be able to. If one chooses not to participate in headstart...well that's their choice (not saying that's you, I'm covering those who would say "I didn't get to play headstart" and forget to mention they chose not to).

People seem to forget they pre-ordered Star Trek Online, and got OB and headstart access as a perk. Honestly, I don't really care. I pre-ordered for the Connie. The OB and headstart were just two more bonuses.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:39 AM

I just hope they get this mess fixed before Tuesday, and that we have no more Downtime from then until the next Major content/bug Patch.

Still debating whether to dust off my MC or not to get a LT..

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

So far during this headstart for STO I have spent more time offline because of the srvers either crashing ormaintenance. BEFORE ANY BODY STATES THAT THIS IS PRE-LAUNCH PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE GAME LAUNCHER ITSELF STATES BETA IS OVER. I have purcahsed a lifetime subscription as well as paid for a pre-order. So yes I am a paying customer at this point. One of the reasons for my descission to make a pre-launch purchase of STO was the headstart offered for doing so. However, due to STO server issues, I have not been able to play the "headstart" as advertised. I feel that Cryptic should compensate those of us who have been suffering through this something "in game". Either X number of skill points or credits or merits. Something. We are not advancing our charactors as promised with our Pro-order Headstart. What do you, the other customers of this mmo, think?

Note: Launch isn't until Tuesday. If you actually thought buying a preorder/pre-release headstart program and actually thought it wouldn't have problems....

Every MMO has extensive downtime the first 2 months after release. Most of us know this when we bought the game and signed up for this headstart.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:42 AM

You guys should read all those EULAs you scroll through and hit accept. Plain and simple:

Cryptic Studios doesn't owe you anything if they never get the servers off the ground, especially during the headstart.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

You purchased a lifetime subscription and Cryptic will at some point reach stability with their servers. Whether you like it or not, MMO's all have problems at launch, and all are resolved with time.

The good news for you is the average human lifespan is 75 and you type and have an attitude like you're 12, so you've got 63 years of STO ahead of you, congrats.

Now go outside for heavens sake, if it bothers you that much.