Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Targeting (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=93555)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:34 PM

Targeting
 
Hello all...can someone please tell me is it possible to target enemy shields,weapons etc when in battle, Thanks

Archived Post 01-31-2010 01:22 PM

if your in a science ship (t2+) you should have abilitys in your skill window that will let you shoot subsystems
Tactical BOffs can have target subsystem skills
Phasers have a small chance of randomly hitting a subsystem

Archived Post 01-31-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evalissa (Post 1822832)
if your in a science ship (t2+) you should have abilitys in your skill window that will let you shoot subsystems
Tactical BOffs can have target subsystem skills
Phasers have a small chance of randomly hitting a subsystem

Science ships get free targetting abilities on top of having better shields, aux, and science debuffs? Their hulls aren't so weak that they should have a free, no strings attached accessory like that.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 01:43 PM

shields are based on your shield module last i checked
the aux bonus is the same as escorts weapon bonus and cruisers getting +3 to all
'science debuffs' are based on bridgeofficers

so no, there not over powerd

Archived Post 01-31-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrysgame
Hello all...can someone please tell me is it possible to target enemy shields,weapons etc when in battle, Thanks

There are Tactical bridge officer abilities available at Lieutenant that target subsystems, and science vessels have innate, weaker versions of them.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBadB
Each ship type has a shield modifier - if an escort, cruiser and science vessel of the same tier all equip exactly the same shield item, the science vessel will have the strongest shields, the escort will have the weakest, and the cruiser will be somewhere in the middle.

ahh i see, thanks :)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evalissa (Post 1823929)
shields are based on your shield module last i checked

Each ship type has a shield modifier - if an escort, cruiser and science vessel of the same tier all equip exactly the same shield item, the science vessel will have the strongest shields, the escort will have the weakest, and the cruiser will be somewhere in the middle.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBadB
There are Tactical bridge officer abilities available at Lieutenant that target subsystems, and science vessels have innate, weaker versions of them.

what i said no? :p

Archived Post 01-31-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evalissa (Post 1824110)
what i said no? :p

Indeed. Started posting, then got distracted by tea and you beat me to it. ;)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 01:48 PM

lol, i posted that before i posted my reply to your other one about the shields, now there all backwards...
this forum is messed up lol


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:27 AM.