Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Petition: Make feds play a klingon to Cmd 1 to unlock PvP (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=93567)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:37 AM

Petition: Make feds play a klingon to Cmd 1 to unlock PvP

Well seeing as most feds cant seem to work out fedballing, spider tanking, not to charge 5 BoP solo, and a god knows what else they seem to have trouble with.
Lets get them all over here and teach them to PvP so we can have some worthy opponents and maybe get rid of most of these QQ threads (yes this one included)

/commence flaming

No I'm not serious calm down

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:39 AM

I've met some pretty good Fed players in combat.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryokan (Post 1821759)
I've met some pretty good Fed players in combat.

I have also med some good fed players.. I think what confuses folks is that there is so much PvE combat where the Klingons are very weak and you can eat through the shields in no time. They are probably also tanking 3-4 BoP's at a time in PvE and then wondering why they can't do it in PvP

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eeyno (Post 1821810)
I have also med some good fed players.. I think what confuses folks is that there is so much PvE combat where the Klingons are very weak and you can eat through the shields in no time. They are probably also tanking 3-4 BoP's at a time in PvE and then wondering why they can't do it in PvP

I think this is really the heart of the issue, the reason for all these nonsense nerf threads.

PVE is trivially easy right now, even against a trio of BOPs which used to be a tough fight. You do PVE, watch BOPs die to a mere one and a half torpedoes, then jump into PVP and they take 4-5 times that much to kill before accounting for stuff like engineering team, and its a real shock.

PVP also requires very different tactics which no one learns in PVE.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:59 AM

I think you've overlooked the fact that means there'll be no Feds for the Klingons to PvP against for a long while if such a system was implemented.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dammit-Jim
I think you've overlooked the fact that means there'll be no Feds for the Klingons to PvP against for a long while if such a system was implemented.

This is what I was going to say.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
This is what I was going to say.

Indeed! Why would us wolves desire to have fewer sheep to prey upon! :cool:

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:37 PM

Playing easymode PVE content to commander isn't going to teach them to better at PVP.

There will be admirals running around that get smoked because they don't know what they are doing or how to work as a team.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysRemember
Playing easymode PVE content to commander isn't going to teach them to better at PVP.

There will be admirals running around that get smoked because they don't know what they are doing or how to work as a team.

Isn't that how every MMO with PVE and PVP is?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 12:40 PM

Thats really one smart klingon idea ....har har ! OP is a true genius!