Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   One Server + Queue = FAIL (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=93972)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:06 PM

One Server + Queue = FAIL

So I am in the game having no real problems, a little lag but I can handle that, when suddenly I get an error message and the game crashes. I then relaunch the game and log it only to sit in the Queue for almost 30 minutes and then when I finally get into the game it freezes at a loading screen saying “Server Not Responding.”

Interestingly enough after I exit the game, via Ctrl + Alt + Delete, my friends see that I have logged on. So here are a few thoughts I had while I waited to be let into a game I paid $80 to play.

One Server does not work!

A Queue systems dose not work!

If this is not resolved by the time I have to start paying my monthly fee, I WILL NOT PLAY.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupremeLegate (Post 1825653)
I WILL NOT PLAY.

I will remind you on that. You could start to invent server-clustering technology and queueless login-services, making millions.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:14 PM

Wemm this is the trouble of much anticipated game...

**** ad it for more than a month you had to wait upt to 3 hours in the queue for log in...

STO will have the same trouble for a month... Yes a whole month.... Until players have to start a billing plan and are over their free month... So we can be ready Cryptic wont launch a second shard nor improve this one.

We are just plagued to have a long queue list for a month or two before players leave the game.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kreischweide (Post 1825859)
I will remind you on that. You could start to invent server-clustering technology and queueless login-services, making millions.

cryptic simply opted for the least costly option...who the hell is surprised about this? they are the model-t of the MMO industry

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:15 PM

Can I have your stuff?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:16 PM

5.....4....3....2....1... Failaunch

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:17 PM

yea its crazy how they *****ed all the players.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:18 PM

lol i was 541 out od 650 now im 591 of 754? does this mean other people get to cut in line?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:21 PM

This is the one big gripe i have with the game. You think they could afford to get a few more servers with game sales and life time subscriptions. They were getting new servers and if they have them its not making much of a difference.

Oh and I HATE ques, i would rather have to hit the login button a million times than see that i am 452 of 753 and watching that figure not move for 20 mins.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:27 PM

They don't really have one server. They have dozens of servers that you switch between dynamically as needed.