Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   STO: Pleasing is Futile (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=94003)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 01:13 PM

STO: Pleasing is Futile

The only ball Cryptic really dropped was not understanding how huge the Star Trek fan base is. 11 movies (and some that are fan made), 5 TV series, countless books, games and other stuff. There is no way they could please this massive horde of fans and gamers. Even SWG couldn't please people in its earliest days. Star Trek is twice the franchise Star Wars is, so they would be lucky if anyone is happy with it.

I have high hopes that this is the core game to get people interested and encourage development so they can bring it more in line with the fan base and gamers alike. It wasn't what I was expecting but I also expect to win the powerball every week. The forums might help to shape the future of the game and point out those things that need fixing like the mission messages popping up while you are fighting get to be really annoying.

Oh, and thanks to the devs for putting up with all the bashing and negative comments from people. It can't be easy to not jump on these forums and not flame back some of these comments after you spent years working on this.

OK Cryptic, I defended you, now where's my 1000 store points?

j/k

but I'll take them if you want to give them:D

Archived Post 01-31-2010 01:14 PM

...don't they have subscriber lists which we should all be on since we have a free month?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 01:22 PM

I think they just use those lists to send us Dell Taco coupons.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 01:28 PM

this game will be epic given time, so fine there are a few very large kinks, this wont last forever, if everyone can just keep calm, go do/play something ellse for the evening, or at least an hour, or 2, perhaps the situation will be resolved shortley.

i for one dispite buying a lifetime subscription am still happy to wait for the food to be fully cooked, so to speak.

if your getting annoyed reguarding the game perhaps Pre-releases, beta isnt for you :)

flame away, but critic, you do good work, dont let us down :)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 01:32 PM

I am confident enough it will become much more than it is now. I bought the lifetime, just to save money. Plus, if I ever lose my job, I'll have to cancel my other games but still can play this one. Wish SWG had a lifetime. Would have saved a ton.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arth150
this game will be epic given time, so fine there are a few very large kinks, this wont last forever, if everyone can just keep calm, go do/play something ellse for the evening, or at least an hour, or 2, perhaps the situation will be resolved shortley.

i for one dispite buying a lifetime subscription am still happy to wait for the food to be fully cooked, so to speak.

if your getting annoyed reguarding the game perhaps Pre-releases, beta isnt for you :)

flame away, but critic, you do good work, dont let us down :)

This isn;t a beta, we are no longer on Cryptic 'time' but supposedly the games as it will be for release so we are on our 'time'. This is fairly scary being that the pre-buy people (I'm hoping no ones waiting for it to hit the shelves) are all slamming the server cap and anyone coming in later will add to an already large problem.