Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Queues in Headstart: Imagine Tuesday <shudder> (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=94377)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:16 PM

Queues in Headstart: Imagine Tuesday <shudder>

Not going to be much fun to dispensed on Launch Day...hope there's something big changing tomorrow.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:17 PM

Hopefully this is on their radar ... but personally I'm expecting queues post-launch as well. It only makes sense. The numbers will always be highest right at launch. They don't want to make a huge investment only to be stuck with unnecessary machines a month from now. So they've got what they feel will be enough post-launch and we'll have to deal with it till then.

Personally, I'd like to see some rented machines in the meantime but that may not be part of the business model.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:18 PM

I'm sitting here stroking my neckbeard and laughing evilly every time I think about the number of folks that are gonna melt the interwebz with their nerd rage.

Stand down old Q. Make way for the baddest villain of them all, Queue!

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bapaveza (Post 1829792)
Hopefully this is on their radar ... but personally I'm expecting queues post-launch as well. It only makes sense. The numbers will always be highest right at launch. They don't want to make a huge investment only to be stuck with unnecessary machines a month from now. So they've got what they feel will be enough post-launch and we'll have to deal with it till then.

Personally, I'd like to see some rented machines in the meantime but that may not be part of the business model.

The exact opposite of that Mythic/EA did with waaaaaay too many servers and having to shave down to what is it? 4 now? Waiting does suck though!

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:22 PM

I think that most of the people who would have rushed to the computer game stores to get copies of STO on launch day already have pre-orders and are taking part in (or attempting to take part in) Head Start. I don't think we'll see a huge rush on Tuesday, at least not much bigger than this weekend. Perhaps next weekend as the game goes more mainstream.

I do think we'll see much nerd rage about the pre-order stuff not working properly on Tuesday-Wednesday however.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pavillion (Post 1830029)
I think that most of the people who would have rushed to the computer game stores to get copies of STO on launch day already have pre-orders and are taking part in (or attempting to take part in) Head Start. I don't think we'll see a huge rush on Tuesday, at least not much bigger than this weekend. Perhaps next weekend as the game goes more mainstream.

I do think we'll see much nerd rage about the pre-order stuff not working properly on Tuesday-Wednesday however.

Probably true. Though the bad reviews of how hard it is to actually get into the game servers may dampen the enthusiasm...

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:59 PM

No one is sitting at home thinking "OH MAN I'm totally going to ignore any preorder bonuses and JUST buy the game on tuesday!!!" they're going to preorder and are already here.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:01 PM

I don't want to imagine Tuesday. I don't want to because if the current state of affairs serves as indication things will be quite dire.

And since the mob is quick to judge STO will get some rather low scores in reviews from IGN and the likes. And this is a shame, because despite all the bugs and shortcomings i do like the game and i think it deserves better.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerstorm
No one is sitting at home thinking "OH MAN I'm totally going to ignore any preorder bonuses and JUST buy the game on tuesday!!!" they're going to preorder and are already here.

Except, you know, the huge number of players who simply don't pre-order. Just because you pre-ordered doesn't mean the majority of people did, and even if there's only a small number of people who get the game for launch that'll mean a longer wait for everyone.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pavillion (Post 1830029)

Of course there will be more...what makes you think everyone has a credit card and can afford to get it that way before launch. I love ST as much as the next person and was in the OB but havent got a CC...beleive me the numbers will jump a good bit come the 2nd..but will be even worse on the 5th when we in the EU get online....so if its bad on the 2nd...god help us come the 5th