Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Bug : Engineering Team I (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=94477)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:36 PM

Bug : Engineering Team I
 
Hull repair only works when out of combat, in combat nothing happens, and you used the skill up.
I dont know if this intended, but it doesnt say anythin in the discription that it only works out of combat so im posting it here.

Also found a a bug where i can fire 28 torpedoes at once (screenshoted it)
I was unable to reproduce this, but i manage to reproduce 6 torpedo salvo.

(for safty reason i will not post here incase of abuse)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:39 PM

If you have enemy ship in target in combat, AND if that enemy have one of you allies targeted, you will automatically heal him. Maybe thats what happened. I have done it several times by mistake, especially with my EPS power transfer skill.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hseeker (Post 1830697)
Hull repair only works when out of combat, in combat nothing happens, and you used the skill up.
I dont know if this intended, but it doesnt say anythin in the discription that it only works out of combat so im posting it here.

It works in combat for me.

If I had to guess what happened, you were not alone in the instance, either teamed or in a fleet action. And you used it on a target that was targeting someone else. If you have auto-assist on (and it is on by default), a helpful ability that can target others that is used while you are targeting an enemy will be used on that enemy's target.

Quote:

Also found a a bug where i can fire 28 torpedoes at once (screenshoted it)
I was unable to reproduce this, but i manage to reproduce 6 torpedo salvo.
This happens when you don't have proper line of sight on a target. What I believe happens is the following:

The client creates a torp, then cooldowns for about a second or so while waiting for a response from the server that it has created a torp. If it gets one, it starts the proper cooldown. If it doesn't, it'll try and fire again, assuming the torp is set to auto-fire or you hit a button to fire it. Only a torp the server says exists will do damage.

I believe it is this way so the game feels responsive. You press the button, you see a torp, no delay. But the downside is that the torp that you see might not exist server side...

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axterix
It works in combat for me.

If I had to guess what happened, you were not alone in the instance, either teamed or in a fleet action. And you used it on a target that was targeting someone else. If you have auto-assist on (and it is on by default), a helpful ability that can target others that is used while you are targeting an enemy will be used on that enemy's target.



This happens when you don't have proper line of sight on a target. What I believe happens is the following:

The client creates a torp, then cooldowns for about a second or so while waiting for a response from the server that it has created a torp. If it gets one, it starts the proper cooldown. If it doesn't, it'll try and fire again, assuming the torp is set to auto-fire or you hit a button to fire it. Only a torp the server says exists will do damage.

I believe it is this way so the game feels responsive. You press the button, you see a torp, no delay. But the downside is that the torp that you see might not exist server side...

It seems you where correct, it works when im solo so I asume its the fault of auto assist.
Altho I dont find it anywhere to turn this off..

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:50 PM

You can turn that off in options. Look for the one in there that mentions assisting. It is worded in such a way that implies it is for assisting allies to hit their target, but that option handles both hostile abilities assisting an ally's target and friendly abilities assisting a hostile's target.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:52 PM

I've gotten 9 several times out of a lucky salvo, can often do 6, but I am wondering if that is a distance thing or based on how many attackers are in my way... The 30 second count down seems to allow at least one more click sometimes.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJ (Post 1833825)
I've gotten 9 several times out of a lucky salvo, can often do 6, but I am wondering if that is a distance thing or based on how many attackers are in my way... The 30 second count down seems to allow at least one more click sometimes.

If you're getting that many you must be suffering form extreme lag. Also despite showing more torpedoes, none of the phantom ones do any damage.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:48 PM.