Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Powerhue...intended? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=94658)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:14 PM

Powerhue...intended?

So I saw a player with purple phasers, so I asked him, hey, how did you get the neato phaser? Well he told me (and if it's a known issue or not, who knows). So I did it and found myself with pretty blue phasers.

Is this intended? Heard it was something from CO.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskiblu
So I saw a player with purple phasers, so I asked him, hey, how did you get the neato phaser? Well he told me (and if it's a known issue or not, who knows). So I did it and found myself with pretty blue phasers.

and how did you do it?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

It's not intended, each weapon has a specific color on purpose.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Carter
and how did you do it?

I won't say unless a Dev says it's ok. >< Unsure if it's a bug or an exploit. Don't want to get mahself in trouble.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:20 PM

Phasers are Orange.
Disruptors are Green.
Tetryon are Blue.
Polaron are Purple.
Plasma is Teal.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Carter
and how did you do it?

Yeah, wtf man?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:21 PM

haha no kidding, I want purple phasers. I mean, sure, they're not lasers so we have no idea how the hell you're capable of changing the color, but damn its still cool :P

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:21 PM

/powerhue (0-360) was what I read in another forum past. Have to search back 'cuz of all the form spamming.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

I suspect it's a Dev command that probably was not intended to slip out to the live build. This kind of thing happened to Cryptic before back in City of Heroes. Let's just say I would not be surprised if an upcoming patch magically makes it disappear without any patch notes to explain it one way or the other.

The good news is that we may eventually get an "official" way to use this command via the ship customization GUI editor. Consider this command line command a preview of coming attractions. ;)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:30 PM

It's something from CO that allowed you to change the color of your powers. It was intended in CO. Dunno about STO.