Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Unacceptable (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=94669)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:19 PM

Unacceptable

I did not pay $60+ USD to wait in line to log into the game. I also do not like that once in game I get kicked out while loading only to wait in line again. This is a disgrace to the franchise.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptides
I did not pay $60+ USD to wait in line to log into the game. I also do not like that once in game I get kicked out while loading only to wait in line again. This is a disgrace to the franchise.

Even when you are ingame, loading takes forever, it is unplayable IMO. Im done playing until this gets fixed.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptides

Actually, you paid for exactly this. They do not guarentee that the server will be available when you want it to be. Anyone with half a brain knows that there are problems for weeks after launch.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 03:27 PM

Kicked out while loading? You got lucky bro. I got kicked out just doing a mission! I wasn't "Loading........." at all!

So here is how their new load-balancing code works now.

int serverCapacity = 50;

do while(serverLoad > serverCapacity) {
if (serverLoad > serverCapacity) {
String anySubscriber = findRandomPlayer();
kickRandomPlayer(anySubscriber);
sendToQueue(anySubscriber);
}
}

private String findRandomPlayer() {
return anyMoronYouCanFindPlaying();
}

private void sendToQueue(String theMoron) {
setQueueLength(1253938);
addToQueue(theMoron);
setNewQueuePosition(1253939);
queue.refresh();
}

Archived Post 01-31-2010 04:32 PM

Well my half a brain says there is enough xp in the world of mmo by now to get a launch especially a head start to fly better than this. i don't mean to seem like a hater but come on. Why can't they at least make an offline ship log in so you can work on things aboard you own vessel? That is what is missing here. You should be able to explore your own ship and interact with your npc crew. Get science labs working to solve problems and engineering. At least then if the server was down you could still get something done in the game that the server could update when you Log in to it.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 04:33 PM

this game is no where near ready for launch, everyday maint, everyday crashes. long loads, not enough servers or the capacity to handle the mainstream...

your not ready

Archived Post 01-31-2010 04:37 PM

I have no loading problems (5-8 seconds). you guys need to learn to be patient, you wanted a finished game? go back to single player.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalBeerLolz (Post 1837389)
I have no loading problems (5-8 seconds). you guys need to learn to be patient, you wanted a finished game? go back to single player.

fanboys...

Archived Post 01-31-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iminay
fanboys...

Yea i'm a fanboy because i have patients :rolleyes:

Archived Post 01-31-2010 04:41 PM

LOL I love the way peeps come in here to defend . Reminds me of the butt whisperer teachers pet.