Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   Freecam command: changed or removed? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=946701)

johnnysnowball 12-07-2013 06:35 AM

Freecam command: changed or removed?

Hi. Just noticed that the old freecam command:

/ugc_freecam 1

is not working. I wonder if it has changed again?

commandermic 12-07-2013 01:49 PM

i also realized this, very very bad. but i don't think that's a bug, more that this is intentionally...
was already at the tribble foundry before season 8 launch.

all i have to say to this:

Cryptic, please give us back freecam command immediately, it is the most important tool of the foundry!!!

kirksplat 12-07-2013 02:33 PM

It was changed awhile back, but it's been so long since I've been in the Foundry that I can't remember the new command.

Anyone else remember? Maybe they changed it back to the original one, which I show in my tutorial.

Try /freecam 1

johnnysnowball 12-07-2013 05:47 PM

I tried many variations, including /freecam 1.
No luck so far.

Right before Season 8 it was: /ugc_freecam 1

kirksplat 12-07-2013 06:32 PM

Sigh, it would be really helpful if whoever is changing the base command could, at the very least, inform us of what the new command is.

This is quite amazing. Nobody told us it was there, and we had to discover the tool that greatly improved functionality. The command code changed and nobody informed us of the new command. Pendra discovered it. Now it's changed again with zero communication.

This is quite bizarre. IMO, freecam has been one of the most important additions to the Foundry. Yet, they act like it's incidental whether or not we even know the command.

stoutes 12-07-2013 06:52 PM

Well, I've found a command... Although it doesn't work in my ground preview :rolleyes:.

/gslUGC_freecammode <int> (<int> == 0 or 1).

Maybe you guys can work it out from here.

johnnysnowball 12-07-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirksplat (Post 13913111)
It was changed awhile back, but it's been so long since I've been in the Foundry that I can't remember the new command.

Anyone else remember? Maybe they changed it back to the original one, which I show in my tutorial.

Try /freecam 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirksplat (Post 13916631)
Sigh, it would be really helpful if whoever is changing the base command could, at the very least, inform us of what the new command is.

This is quite amazing. Nobody told us it was there, and we had to discover the tool that greatly improved functionality. The command code changed and nobody informed us of the new command. Pendra discovered it. Now it's changed again with zero communication.

This is quite bizarre. IMO, freecam has been one of the most important additions to the Foundry. Yet, they act like it's incidental whether or not we even know the command.

Agreed. I could not function without it! All my building is done in freecam mode.

commandermic 12-08-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirksplat (Post 13916631)

signed^^
at the german foundry community a little time ago someone has written a great foundry guide, more than 400 pages - compared to this the "foundry guide" from the official site looks like a bad joke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnysnowball (Post 13917791)
Agreed. I could not function without it! All my building is done in freecam mode.

totally agree^^
ever tried to build a large cave? i've done that in my last spotlight mission, would be really impossible without freecam :eek:

crypticfrost 12-09-2013 10:53 AM

I'll look into this. .

stoutes 12-09-2013 11:04 AM

Good luck and thank you, Frost.