Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Borg Trait (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=94913)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 04:08 PM

Borg Trait

Curious what people think of the melee trait for Borg the Borg Neural blast, is it good or not worth the trait?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spillway
Curious what people think of the melee trait for Borg the Borg Neural blast, is it good or not worth the trait?

I like it... I'm an engineer and interested in placing turrets and shields for ground combat, the Neural Blast is a great skill for halting those hard-hitting Klingon etc that rush in close.

It's a 30 second -75% snare guaranteed, with a full stun that re-applies every few seconds with a 40% chance to land.

Would I like another space skill? Sure... But why play a Borg if I'm not going to use their special ability that only Borg have? That defeats the purpose... :)

I personally feel it should have a lower cooldown however, since things on the ground die fairly fast I am lucky to use it once per two enemy groups... I am guessing it will balance out as I get further through the game though.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 04:24 PM

Yah, right now im looking at warp theory for the 10% bonus to systems, and then either space accuracy or the Neural blast for ground as a tactical officer. Still think its a good pick up for tactical over .1 accuracy modification? And thank you for a well detailed reply

Archived Post 01-31-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spillway
Yah, right now im looking at warp theory for the 10% bonus to systems, and then either space accuracy or the Neural blast for ground as a tactical officer. Still think its a good pick up for tactical over .1 accuracy modification? And thank you for a well detailed reply

Warp theory was what I took :) - I guess that and the other Borg stat buff kinda fit nice together... And if you are into RP / Voyager, your ship was augmented with Borg technology.. ;)

Just remember that a .1 = 10%, Cryptic just doesn't have the wording uniform yet across the game.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 04:41 PM

Yah just tough to pick between 10% accuracy, and the Snare especially as a tactical officer for DPS accuracy may become a bigger deal down the line.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 04:43 PM

needs a smaller cooldown and a much larger range :(

Archived Post 01-31-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtftintin (Post 1837798)
needs a smaller cooldown and a much larger range :(

negative on the range.. it's supposed to be the nanite injectors from your wrist... not a gun.. It's still 7.1 meters which is further then melee if you use it right. Also, you are Borg.. you have 10% health and shield regen... you can take a hit ;)

Now... if you choose to not bring someone with skills to heal or repair that is your fault..

Archived Post 01-31-2010 05:16 PM

Same question though 10% space accuracy as a tactical officer or Neural Blast snare for Ground