Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Space PvP is actually good... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=95059)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 04:35 PM

Space PvP is actually good...

I'm actually enjoying the space based PvP. The difference in the types of vessels and weaponry is quite entertaining.

I haven't played ground PvP since beta. Is it viable now or does it still have the holds?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 05:12 PM

Gound is full of stuns, and requires a million (or something like that) kills to finish. I enjoyed it, though, despite the frigging stuns, until they upped the required kill number to 40. Then it was just long and boring.

Space is indeed quite fun. Could do with a couple more scenarios with interesting objectives, though.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryokan (Post 1838943)
Gound is full of stuns, and requires a million (or something like that) kills to finish. I enjoyed it, though, despite the frigging stuns, until they upped the required kill number to 40. Then it was just long and boring.

Space is indeed quite fun. Could do with a couple more scenarios with interesting objectives, though.

Exactly my thoughts.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 05:19 PM

Space PvP is awsome.

Ground PvP is crap -- I mean a steaming pile of dog stool -- the kind that happens when the dog eats a package of Ex-Lax and goes on your pillow....

Archived Post 01-31-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racheakt (Post 1839066)
Space PvP is awsome.

Ground PvP is crap -- I mean a steaming pile of dog stool -- the kind that happens when the dog eats a package of Ex-Lax and goes on your pillow....

Thanks for that vivid description mate.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 05:57 PM

...and this thread started off so positive.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 11:14 PM

i wish ground pvp played more fps style current incarnation feels klunky .

Archived Post 02-01-2010 01:02 AM

It would at least be bearable if you didn't have to suffer through 40 kills. Bad is one thing, being forced to endure bad for a prolonged period of time? I do believe they call that torture.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 01:40 AM

i enjoy space pvp 5vs5

some tough games in it, T1 was really easy with premades, T2 seems tough even with premade, some Feds have so tough shielding that they can tank with just normal tanking talents a really long time vs 5 of us. (8-10 seconds, and then engine battery + evasive away as fed O.o )

Archived Post 02-01-2010 03:53 AM

Ground PvP really suffers extra if there is any sort of lag going on.

Also, the Phaser stuns are just ridiculous. You can just get chain stunned if you get hit by a few people and there isn't anything you can do about it. It's really frustrating and kind of broken.

If the lag was cleaned up and a few other mechanics changed Ground PvP could actually be really fun.