Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Trill Troubles (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=95150)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 05:00 PM

Trill Troubles

Quote:

Q: If a player creates a character during headstart, then enters his retail key at launch (which opens up the exclusives), do pre-existing characters receive the exclusive items and costumes?

A: Yes, except for the Joined Trill.
Are you serious?

I started as a Trill in the headstart, and now they're telling me I'll have to restart the character to get the bonuses.

Swell.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DurMan667 (Post 1838664)
Are you serious?

I started as a Trill in the headstart, and now they're telling me I'll have to restart the character to get the bonuses.

Swell.

Well, you were gambling on that Trill being somehow joined at launch, your fault. :P When I bought my pre-order, it was clear in my online transaction receipt that I had 2 products, a Head Start and a Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order. The page stated that the latter is not released until Feb. 2, and the joined Trill race is listed as a feature of THAT product not the Head Start. So the info was there to be deducted :P

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DurMan667 (Post 1838664)
Are you serious?

Swell.

it was made clear to us that all the pre-order bonuses were not available until launch, sorry.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:15 PM

Creating a regular Trill and creating a joined Trill will be two different options during character creations.

Those who have the Digital Deluxe can create a joined Trill or a regular Trill all else can only create a regular Trill which is what you created in headstart since the joined Trill is not unlocked on the account yet.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doogie
Creating a regular Trill and creating a joined Trill will be two different options during character creations.

Those who have the Digital Deluxe can create a joined Trill or a regular Trill all else can only create a regular Trill which is what you created in headstart since the joined Trill is not unlocked on the account yet.

Did you just make this up off the top of your head?

They stated specifically that you will NOT have the option of creating a regular trill once the DDE key is attached to your account.

All Trill you make after you add your Digital Deluxe key to your account will be Joined Trill.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:16 AM

Archived Post 02-01-2010 06:04 AM

Does this mean that joined trills created after the launch date wont get bonus costumes etc?

Archived Post 02-01-2010 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayama (Post 1845209)
Does this mean that joined trills created after the launch date wont get bonus costumes etc?

Where does this question form in your head? :O

Bonus Costumes and Trill are un-related.

You don't even have access to bonus costumes per se until you add the same type of Retail CDKey you get for the Digital Deluxe/Whatever version you purchased.

Key is added

You make a Joined Trill

You also have access to all the special unlocks associated with the key such as costumes, items, etc.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 06:55 AM

I don't see how this makes sense to everyone. Every bonus we get EXCEPT the joined Trill is given at game launch. Is it too much to ask for the qualified players to have their characters changed from a Trill to a Joined Trill?

And don't say it is, because odds are a single line of code is all that establishes a character's race.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 07:36 AM

Every bonus we get EXCEPT the joined Trill is given at game launch.

You aren't making sense. Is it just me?

Every bonus? (Referring to the custom costumes, ship items, borg bridge officer etc) except Joined Trill is given at game launch (February 2nd)

That's how I'm reading your sentence.

You get the joined trill at the EXACT same time you get all those bonuses. You input the retail key that you are being emailed TOMORROW if you bought the Digital Deluxe Edition and then you login and can instantly make JOINED Trill characters to play with and have all the bonuses (Costumes/Ships/Officers/Weapons) that come with whichever Digital Deluxe you purchased.