Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Ancient Claims IMPOSSIBLE?! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=95215)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 05:42 PM

Ancient Claims IMPOSSIBLE?!
 
A never-ending well of mega-tough Gorn soldiers, to say nothing of their lieutenants, and when you do manage to get to him, their captain does nothing but throw thousands of soldiers, rocks, and mutant dogs at you. And on TOP of all that, he has HEALTH REGEN?!?!

AAAORURILWNWKLRAHKLRAKLRJAKLRRGGGHH!!!

Archived Post 01-31-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tight-Pants_Jack
A never-ending well of mega-tough Gorn soldiers, to say nothing of their lieutenants, and when you do manage to get to him, their captain does nothing but throw thousands of soldiers, rocks, and mutant dogs at you. And on TOP of all that, he has HEALTH REGEN?!?!

AAAORURILWNWKLRAHKLRAKLRJAKLRRGGGHH!!!

What was the general overview of that mission? All of the Gorn missions (at least to lvl 28) were pretty darn easy in OB.

Are you using expose/exploit?
Do you have a Science BO with Medical Tricorder in your Away Team?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 06:00 PM

It's the mission where the Gorn have taken over this archeological site because they used to live there 1000s of years ago, you have to beam down and shut off these 3 shield generators first before taking on the Gorn captain in the middle. But, the entire active zone is ALWAYS full of wandering Gorn that constantly respawn, so you have to try and sneak past them.

Now, after 29 tries, I somehow manage to kill the captain, beamed back to my ship, then dissabled their hostage ship. When all's done, I'm asked to leave the sector, and the message even says "your mission is complete." But instead of getting my reward, I get the chance to "CONTINUE: ANCIENT CLAIMS" and have to start all over again.

I HATE THIS LEVEL!!!

Archived Post 01-31-2010 06:04 PM

Hmm... I remember that one well, as I did it 3 times with different toons. I don't recall any of the Gorn respawning (that would definitely be a major change), but I didn't sneak around at all... just took out all the groups.

Wonder if they actually put some effort into that one since beta ended?

Archived Post 01-31-2010 06:33 PM

i hope youre not grouped for that one...

Archived Post 01-31-2010 06:56 PM

I did it solo.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 07:48 PM

That mission is not impossible, its just a pain in the ass, a major one. I often wonder why they decided to put so many enemies on that map. It's not really that fun to be honest.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corbaer
What was the general overview of that mission? All of the Gorn missions (at least to lvl 28) were pretty darn easy in OB.

Are you using expose/exploit?
Do you have a Science BO with Medical Tricorder in your Away Team?

actually, you should ask, did he spend points on his medial tricorder Bridge Officers?

a 9 in Medical Tricorder does wonder. Likewise, is he still wearing white MK I or MK II gear and weapons? LOOT is very important to the game, too.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoydofZINJ (Post 1840731)
actually, you should ask, did he spend points on his medial tricorder Bridge Officers?

a 9 in Medical Tricorder does wonder. Likewise, is he still wearing white MK I or MK II gear and weapons? LOOT is very important to the game, too.

I stopped at 3 points personally (on my most recent team)... based upon my experience with difficulty on the ground, my next toon will probably only get 1 pt.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:08 PM

I did it in one try, without much help from my worthless science officer (fired her ass not long after). I don't think I even died. I admit it was tough but it is was not impossible by far.

Here is how I managed it.
-Load up with heals and shield batts.
-Aim for the handlers first (don't remember if this had them).
-Drop some mines or turrets. the mines really took care of a lot of hassles.
-Isolate and attack one group at time.
-Let your Boffs do their own thing ( I always select that option).
-Think and plan a route.
-Don't Leroy Jenkins it.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:52 PM.