Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Tribbles, Vulcans, and you !!! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=95264)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 06:34 PM

Tribbles, Vulcans, and you !!!

So this is a minor point, but just like to put it on notice:

I gave one of my male Vulcans a Tribble. He does seem to like it and he scratches it lovingly and coos at it, just like any emotional race would.

I think the animation should be changed for this (and any android/android-stances, assuming you add that back in-game, although I do understand it is now labelled "jittery" or some such). Vulcans (and any other semi-non-emotional race) should pet their tribbles in a calm manner, different from the rest. It can be tender, but not so much passion and "coochie-coochie-coo" action in it.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:04 PM

I gave my Vulcan tac officer a tribble during open beta. And she loved to pet her tribble.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold-Rush (Post 1839854)
So this is a minor point, but just like to put it on notice:

I gave one of my male Vulcans a Tribble. He does seem to like it and he scratches it lovingly and coos at it, just like any emotional race would.

I think the animation should be changed for this (and any android/android-stances, assuming you add that back in-game, although I do understand it is now labelled "jittery" or some such). Vulcans (and any other semi-non-emotional race) should pet their tribbles in a calm manner, different from the rest. It can be tender, but not so much passion and "coochie-coochie-coo" action in it.

*GASP*

I assume you have not seen a Tribble on the TV show. It isn't the officer making coo-coo noises. It's the Tribble! :)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MobySlick
*GASP*

I assume you have not seen a Tribble on the TV show. It isn't the officer making coo-coo noises. It's the Tribble! :)

Oh, I've seen and heard it. I don't mean the tribble making sounds, I meant the Gesture/Action of the one petting it. ;) (Or maybe you be pulling my leg? :p ). If you look at any BO petting their tribble, it is easy to imagine the BO's softly saying, "Kootchie-Koothie-Koo" or some other type of baby talk used on pets, ("Who's a good boy? Yes you are!" )

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:33 AM

I think you underestimate the extreme tribbleness!
I heard roomers that a vulcan leutenant in the Eridani sector was incarserated in sick bay.
He had a tribble for some time, and went into some crazy panvar thingy because of it.
But this wasnīt the thingy you can get rid of, with a hypo, meditation and a holdeck visit.
Oh no sir! He went on a cuddle amok run!
Since then, by Starfleet order 7523 slash c, corner 11, point 8, vulcan personel with a tribble, are to be apprehended emediatly and mindmelted by a fellow vulcan. For security reason, and to contain the cuddle frenzies all over the quadrant.
Well thatīs what i heard however.
So your goin to the Tribble deck later on? :D

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:44 AM

During beta I had tribble overload. Now I haven't received a single one yet. :(

My crew's feeling so lonely.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:55 AM

Yes tribbles are hard to find in some missions but rest assured they reproduce fast

I just requested for 1 on open chat and someone gave it to me

Now 1 days later they have become 2 .Sure they must have multiplied more by today

Archived Post 02-01-2010 06:01 AM

MMMMmmmmmm Tribble and Dumplings. This will hold me over until the rest of you become borg bodies.

Then it will be YUMSKI day and I will eat all of you. You're all a bunch of filthy space aliens. I will eat your tribble, give it to me.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 08:54 AM

I gave my klingon science officer a tribble and she likes it :)

Archived Post 02-01-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sealance (Post 1847507)
I gave my klingon science officer a tribble and she likes it :)

She might like it, but technically speaking it should -not- like her. ;)