Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   FvK Space PvP: Drastically Imbalanced? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=95365)

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:05 PM

FvK Space PvP: Drastically Imbalanced?

Before, I start. I don't want to see any posts criticizing those expressing their pros nor cons. Let's keep this clean.

Is it imbalanced?

1) Yes / No

2) Why?

For me, in Klingon vs Klingon PvP, the balance is relatively even. The only real differences is the experienced vs the inexperienced.

However, in Federation vs Klingon, there literally isn't any contest. In every Federation vs Klingon Space PvPs I witnessed since Headstart, Federations were greatly out gunned (witnessed from the Klingon side as well as the Federation side). Even the old Fed-Ball in Open Beta is no longer an issue.

Klingon gear too good now?

Extra weapon ports too much?

What do you think?

Remember, keep the conversation clean.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:20 PM

PVP is balanced.

Everyone just needs to learn how to play their race and role. Also learn to work together and stop running in single file.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthChabs (Post 1840919)
PVP is balanced.

Everyone just needs to learn how to play their race and role. Also learn to work together and stop running in single file.

What he said. /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:38 PM

its balanced only diffrence is like previous poster mentioned exp and also klingons do go in as groups alot and that also means most will be on voice with eatchotter wich makes it alot easyer to get prim targets and focus fire on them one at a time.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 08:55 PM

Seriously, learn to play.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 09:05 PM

In T1 FvK Klings have the upperhand 90% of the time. This is due to 90% of the Fed side being level 6 with starter white gear and not knowing how to play. No imbalance except for the people controlling the ships.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 09:10 PM

I think Klingons just need a bit more love at T2 and loot wise. We need a tank in T2 or it is very hard to push through Fed balls and we need some way to get loot otherwise the Feds will always beating us via gear. The only reason Klingons fight well now is because we are forced to, if we don't at T2 or higher, we get ripped if the Feds play anywhere near decently. We don't have the gear or usually the numbers, so we work together to overcome the odds.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthChabs (Post 1840919)
PVP is balanced.

That's what I've noticed also.

Every time I've jumped in on the KDF side, we always worked together. Even if we weren't teamed up, we still acted as a group. The Fed side seemed more unorganized. They weren't supporting each other and just doing their own thing.

Like Jester said to Maverick...."You never leave your wingman." ;)

Hopefully it will get better as people get more practice. There are still probably thousands of people who have logged in yet. After the head start is over we may see things change.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 09:17 PM

9 out of 10 Fed teams are utter noobs.

1 out of 10 actually have a balanced team, heal each other, work together and will destroy you. Fed science ships have a built in ability to target subsystems which Klingons simply don't have access to.

T1 I do think Cryptic might have overdone it, basically giving our ships the best gear available from vendors. There's really nothing to even upgrade unless you want to switch to a different weapon type.

T2 is another story. We enter T2 with gear so crappy that some of the T1 gear is actually better and should be stripped off of your old ship. And then you need to PvP for like 4 levels to have enough medals to get some good upgrades going (maybe more than 4 levels if you do ground gear first).

I've seen Klingons own in T2, too, but we definitely are behind the curve on equipment and access to proper ship types. When you get some Feds who know what they're doing, it's painful.

Archived Post 01-31-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slamz
9 out of 10 Fed teams are utter noobs.

1 out of 10 actually have a balanced team, heal each other, work together and will destroy you. Fed science ships have a built in ability to target subsystems which Klingons simply don't have access to.

T1 I do think Cryptic might have overdone it, basically giving our ships the best gear available from vendors. There's really nothing to even upgrade unless you want to switch to a different weapon type.

T2 is another story. We enter T2 with gear so crappy that some of the T1 gear is actually better and should be stripped off of your old ship. And then you need to PvP for like 4 levels to have enough medals to get some good upgrades going (maybe more than 4 levels if you do ground gear first).

I've seen Klingons own in T2, too, but we definitely are behind the curve on equipment and access to proper ship types. When you get some Feds who know what they're doing, it's painful.

This is why I'm going through PVE with my fed right now, until they fix Klingons T2+, and will be mailing all of the best gear for pvp at every tier to him. My PVE guy may be gimped a bit, but you don't need the best gear to crush the PVE stuff.