Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   The benifit of having Atari as a publisher (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=95636)

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:35 AM

The benifit of having Atari as a publisher

I am truly glad to see Atari shelled out the money for tv advertisements. Also, the fact that they partnered with SyFy to have the Star Trek marathon will get the message out to Star Trek fans that otherwise hadn't heard about the game. Good move Atari.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:51 AM

Yup, awesome benifits. It'll really help the game sell.

Now... a few bad things about partnering with atari.

The game should still be in beta... they're pushing it out too soon to meet atari's time frame. :(

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:52 AM

Yes! It's such a good move to spend most of your money in trying to lure people into Lifetime subs, longtime subs BEFORE launch and trying to maximize initial box sales.

Instead of actually using the money to finish the game itself! :mad:

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeronas
Yes! It's such a good move to spend most of your money in trying to lure people into Lifetime subs, longtime subs BEFORE launch and trying to maximize initial box sales.

The game is done. The beta testing fixed pretty much every bug. I've only ran in to one minor one in headstart and am now level 12. No MMO releases in a perfect state. Heck, no MMO ever makes it to perfect. Compared to some launches I've seen, this has turned out fairly well except for that 3 hour server down time.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shikamaru317 (Post 1843575)
The game is done. The beta testing fixed pretty much every bug. I've only ran in to one minor one in headstart and am now level 12. No MMO releases in a perfect state. Heck, no MMO ever makes it to perfect. Compared to some launches I've seen, this has turned out fairly well except for that 3 hour server down time.

LMAO! I hope you are TRULY sarcastic and trying to be funny. I mean... really... I hope this was just a troll into trying to be funny. Right? Right? :confused:

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeronas

You're an angry little guy aren't you :) Even your sig is ****y.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:58 AM

Quote:

The game is done. The beta testing fixed pretty much every bug.

You shouldn't be so cruel toward Cryptic, they do what they can.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:58 AM

One less commercial - one more server to add to cluster.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nezzir (Post 1843589)
You're an angry little guy aren't you :) Even your sig is ****y.

We will talk again in about a month (maybe two) from now. Lets see how you feel then my "Lifetime subbing" friend and the $230 dollars spend. :rolleyes:

Archived Post 02-01-2010 03:00 AM

Quote:

I found a pretty major bug, enemies still getting trapped in asteroids and requiring 'coaxed' out, bridge officers that still can't path properly, pull extra mobs and get stuck in boxes.

Atleast the "OMG my ships on the ground" and "OMG I'm a human flying in space" bug has disappeared.

It really is the downtime though that's killing people. Atleast the new queuing system should stop the server brainfarting and shutting down