Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Have the Devs included a Default Holster Weapon option yet. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=95757)

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:16 AM

Have the Devs included a Default Holster Weapon option yet.

I am hoping that in a patch the developers added an option to holster your weapon as a default. I'm finding it constantly frustrating to have to press H to put mine away everytime I beam down to a planet or a spacedock. Many people have posted and chatted in game about this so I thought it would have been addressed by now. If it has been added then I can't find it. Please help.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:34 AM

Related: It would be nice to be able to have your BOs holster their weapons.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:41 AM

True. Would be nice but I suspect they have bigger fish to fry at the moment :(

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:42 AM

Holster should be default at spacestations at least.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naevius
Related: It would be nice to be able to have your BOs holster their weapons.

Yep These would be awesome fixes !

Default Holster + BO holster /signed

Archived Post 02-01-2010 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakeAMillYen (Post 1844953)

What with all the Movies ? They ALLWAYS draw weapons AFTER arrival. Much more Trek-like if holsterd.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 07:00 AM

Agreed ... a default holstered weapon would be nice. On a related theme, it would be nice to have a toggle to show/not show body armour on the bridge or in spaceport. After all, we spend so much time tweeking the uniforms, it seems a shame that body armour covers it up when not in combat.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakeAMillYen (Post 1844953)

Agreed on all counts

Archived Post 02-01-2010 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willatreides (Post 1845859)
Agreed ... a default holstered weapon would be nice. On a related theme, it would be nice to have a toggle to show/not show body armour on the bridge or in spaceport. After all, we spend so much time tweeking the uniforms, it seems a shame that body armour covers it up when not in combat.

There is an option to hide the armor by right clicking it and choosing Hide from Costume (or just Hide, I don't remember)

Or did you mean selectively or contextually hide it...

Archived Post 02-01-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willatreides (Post 1845859)

Press 'U' to bring up your character status screen, mouse over the armor(or Kit) and right click. THen simply select Hide.