Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Find the needle in the haystack missions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=95760)

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:18 AM

Find the needle in the haystack missions

Hey, I'm not asking for much, but these exploration missions can be a real chore. Our scanners indicate that there is a needle in that haystack, actually 5 of them, but odds are good you can only find 4 in the first few minutes. The rest of the time our scanners are going to be worthless. You'll have to fly around (or run on the ground) in this general vicinity for 20 minutes or so to maybe find it (or give up.)

Fun!

Seriously Cryptic. Make the scanners give at least a general direction. We don't want to just play the space fight game all the time, it's tedious to wander back and forth... and wondering if it's just another bug you are looking for. :-/

/whinemodeoff

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:20 AM

Set fire to the haystack, use a magnet on the ashes.

Problem solved.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:21 AM

I used to have problems with this also. Then I started to hit V. Seems to point me in the right direction each time now.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:23 AM

'Scan system' produces a big, blue beam pointing at the nearest needle...

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:23 AM

Well, for the ground at least, all the items you need to find are on the "Path". Just stay on the discolored road and you will find them. (Also they always start next to one.)

As far a space, look on the map (not the mini-map, the map-map) any large objects in the objective ring is what your looking for.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naevius

What he said.

Watch for the blue beam pointing right at the closest location. Yes, there is a reason to have that "V" key.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:32 AM

Aye in beta teh scanenrs did nothing much, but towards teh end of beta after a good few requests the scanners became a very handy thing. They now actually do point you in the dirtection you need to go, jsut for a second or so you get a big blue beam of light going off in a direction. This is the thing you need to keep an eye out for. As it shos teh way to the next clickable object (glowie)

:)

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:37 AM

Very cool, I didn't realize they added this at the end of beta. Man that would've come in handy yesterday. Thanks for the info.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huud007 (Post 1844911)
Very cool, I didn't realize they added this at the end of beta. Man that would've come in handy yesterday. Thanks for the info.

I'm glad I posted, and I'll second huud007's remarks.

I never noticed a blue beam showing the direction (in space) that'll be a big help.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naevius

Oh great! I'm so screwed. :eek: