Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   No, I don't want to talk to the enemy signal contact (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=95763)

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:20 AM

No, I don't want to talk to the enemy signal contact

This is a minor problem, but I hope they plan on fixing it. The roving enemy signal contacts. I set course for wherever, go get a drink or use the bathroom and while I'm gone one of those stupid red blobs consumes my ship and I zone into the middle of a battle. Geezuz its like the first episode of Farscape.

It just happened this morning. I'm getting ready for work as I play, I set course for K7, thinking I'll log there. I bend down to tie my boot while the ship moves and blammo! I get sucked into the battle.

Why even bother with the clickable "talk to enemy signal contact"? I can't decline it so why even put it there? Is it too hard to just make it so a ship isn't zoned into it unless the player actually clicks yes?

Is there anything like it on the klingon side? Its irritating.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:21 AM

Dude.

He's floating in space, all alone. He's watched all the DVD's he brought with him, forgot the charger for his DS:I, and because he's in a deadzone, he can't the internet.

He's bored.

Throw him a hello. Maybe ask him about the wife and kids. Two seconds out of your day just might MAKE his.

Poor guy.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shizaru
This is a minor problem, but I hope they plan on fixing it. The roving enemy signal contacts. I set course for wherever, go get a drink or use the bathroom and while I'm gone one of those stupid red blobs consumes my ship and I zone into the middle of a battle. Geezuz its like the first episode of Farscape.

It just happened this morning. I'm getting ready for work as I play, I set course for K7, thinking I'll log there. I bend down to tie my boot while the ship moves and blammo! I get sucked into the battle.

Why even bother with the clickable "talk to enemy signal contact"? I can't decline it so why even put it there? Is it too hard to just make it so a ship isn't zoned into it unless the player actually clicks yes?

I am pretty sure this is meant as a random encounter hence it "sucking you in"

as for being unable to avoid them, i do it all the time, so long as you don't fly directly into the red thing you get the "talk to enemy contact" box but don't have to accept it and you don't get sucked in, basicly ... play the game rather then flying on autopilot.

if you are getting ready for work or preparing for something else important then you really shouldn't be in game anyhow.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shotmagnet
I am pretty sure this is meant as a random encounter hence it "sucking you in"

as for being unable to avoid them, i do it all the time, so long as you don't fly directly into the red thing you get the "talk to enemy contact" box but don't have to accept it and you don't get sucked in, basicly ... play the game rather then flying on autopilot.

if you are getting ready for work or preparing for something else important then you really shouldn't be in game anyhow.

As I said I was tying a boot lace. I was just going to K7 to log. It happens when I go the restroom too. Anytiome in sector space, actually, when my attention is diverted for a few moments. I also said its a minor problem. I'm not raging or saying "This Sux"....I'm just suggesting that I shouldn't be sucked in unless I click "Yes, I'd like to join the battle".

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:33 AM

This happens to me if I sit in sector space for more than 1 second at a time. After I get done with a mission I go through my inventory to see what I can equip/sell and every single time I will get zoned into combat. I'll zone out move forward a bit and open my inventory again just to have another red blob spawn right on top of me. It's annoying as hell.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:33 AM

These are annoying when typing or in general on auto pilot next thing you are dragged into an encounter that you was not wanting.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:36 AM

i agree it's annoying. also i've noticed them actually following player ships around, waiting for them to slow down so they can gank the player in sector space.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shizaru

Here here! Nothing with this game is quite as annoying as going to the bathroom while on auto-pilot and returning to find that you have a respawn countdown timer in a section of space you never intended to attend.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 06:03 AM

I utterly hate this feature. I want to be given the "choice" of whether to join it or not. Stop yanking me into an instance. I hate it with a passion.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 06:07 AM

Additionally, I think they would lower the server load in a BIG way if they just shut this stupid feature off, or just prompt the player to join or not. It is an unnecessary server hit and load time to keep pulling players into an instance when they didn't want to go there anyway. In fact, it is two hits. One to enter and then one to leave it.