Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Klingon Borg: Look mom! A serious post! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=95772)

Archived Post 02-01-2010 05:28 AM

Klingon Borg: Look mom! A serious post!

Klingons shouldn't get liberated borg.

Well...I mean, they should, but they shouldn't use them. They should shoot them. In the face.

Why?

Because Klingons wouldn't see a "liberated" Klingon as a FULL Klingon. They would see him or her as crippled, disgraced, or "less" than Klingon. And let's face it, these guys don't exactly have handicapped parking spaces at the local Klingon Wal-Mart. You stub your friggin' TOE and get a limp, and they're pretty much ready to write you off.

So a liberated Klingon? They'd pity them, and be disgusted by them, and then give them a disruptor beam right in the pie hole.

Can a brother gedda KWA'PATH?

Archived Post 02-01-2010 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCoyote
these guys don't exactly have handicapped parking spaces at the local Klingon Wal-Mart. You stub your friggin' TOE and get a limp, and they're pretty much ready to write you off.

PMSL!! I can see where you are coming from on this idea, but I have to say it made me nearly spit my tea scross the keyboard as I read it

KWA'PATH indeed!

Archived Post 02-01-2010 06:20 AM

They are Klingon...not Spartans....:rolleyes:

Archived Post 02-01-2010 06:20 AM

Tonight, we dine in Gre'Thor.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 06:22 AM

Yeah, but with Klingon canon? Any type of disability is considered death penalty for honor. Wheelchair access doesn't exist on the Klingon Homeworld.

HELL. They *paint* handicapped spaces just to lure people there to shoot.

For honor.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 06:25 AM

Quote:

Yeah, but with Klingon canon? Any type of disability is considered death penalty for honor. Wheelchair access doesn't exist on the Klingon Homeworld.

For honor.

You're thinking of Predators.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 06:33 AM

Spartans. Predators. Klingons.

Not really seeing a distinction.

Klingons love to hunt, hunt "tough" prey, and would TOTALLY kick your butt down a well.

In fact, I'm *pretty* sure that the endless-pit-well-of-death is a standard feature in most Klingon households. Gramma comes over for dinner, no one wants her there..

KLA'PAH! *KICK* right down the well.

I'll have to check wikipedia to confirm tho.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 06:33 AM

Quote:

Spartans. Predators. Klingons.

Not really seeing a distinction.

Klingons love to hunt, hunt "tough" prey, and would TOTALLY kick your butt down a well.

In fact, I'm *pretty* sure that the endless-pit-well-of-death is a standard feature in most Klingon households. Gramma comes over for dinner, no one wants her there..

KLA'PAH! *KICK* right down the well.

I'll have to check wikipedia to confirm tho.

Now you're thinking of Canadians.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 06:55 AM

Quote:

For honor.

How do things like regeneration, superior vision, eidetic memory and other Borg modifications qualify as a disability? They have been made better, stronger than before.

Liberated Borg Klingons do not need wheelchairs as they no longer even need to sit. Sitting is for the week, non-Borgified Klingons.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 07:02 AM

Ahhhh...

But liberated Borgs have been captured in battle - changed - and forced past their will to defy the Klingon code of honor. That alone is grounds for "honorable suicide". No *true* Klingon would allow his or herself to become a slave to the Borg Hive, and those "saved"?

They're detached. Still reacclimating, and are no longer "fully klingon". Which is why you always see eyepatches instead of visors. They are a proud people.

There ARE no Klingon Special Olympics.