Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Loans (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=960341)

anahadar 12-19-2013 06:56 AM

Loans

Hey guys,

ussually I have more liquidity then I need. And there are several people who would like to borrow money from me. The Problem is, I cant trust every one AND I've got the problemn that I dont see the people because some times I am only online 2h the week.

So it would be very nice if we could get an money lending tool, which automaticly collects the money on the day the loan is called in.

I am thinking of some thing strucktured like this:

Amonut lendt to the debtor: xxxx EC

Intrest rate (per month): x,x%

installment plan: x EC on the dd.mm.yyyy ; x EC on the dd.mm.yyyy ; .......

I mean I do not have to explain how a loan works.
Would be just nice if you could get us some tool like this, that would save me a lot of time.
Or it could be implemented in the fleetsystem, that would be great as well.

rodentmaster 12-19-2013 07:54 AM

This isn't Star Trek: Wallstreet Edition.

No.

anahadar 12-19-2013 08:19 AM

I wonder why you oppose it, would that really harm you?
A lot of players ask me if I could borrow them EC and I cant keep track of them. Thats why I cant borrow them the money.

bpharma 12-19-2013 08:59 AM

Ok, first of all you lend the money not borrow it to people.

Second of all what would happen if someone "borrowed" 250 million for a JHAS then couldn't pay it back or heaven forbid just had and kept no ec?

Too many ways to cheat the system to get items. it would be a huge hassle and headache.

May I suggest a notepad and pencil though if you have trouble tracking who you loan ec to.

hagar3 12-19-2013 09:34 AM

This idea would cause more trouble than its worth. If you wish to loan money to people that's fine. But an in-game system for this is likely to cause a lot of upset to people. STO is about being part of a community not about being part of something that brings problems. I hardly ever loan money to people. Usually I would just give it to them (fleet members only) rather than loan it. This prevents the situation where people are under a burden because they owe someone something and prevents all the uncomfortable problems which come from that.

anahadar 12-19-2013 12:12 PM

Ok, so just don't use the tool.
Whats your problem with me and several other people getting such a tool?

And about the risk management, I would say every body can decide for himself if he wants to loan money to some one else or not.
calling in loans from Bankrupt toons is easy, you just take the incoming EC from the other toons of that Account until the debt is paid, with interest!

deaftravis05 12-19-2013 12:19 PM

okay...

Why are you so intent on introducing taxes and loans? a system that has been proven to fail?

bpharma 12-19-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anahadar (Post 14125591)
Ok, so just don't use the tool.
Whats your problem with me and several other people getting such a tool?

And about the risk management, I would say every body can decide for himself if he wants to loan money to some one else or not.
calling in loans from Bankrupt toons is easy, you just take the incoming EC from the other toons of that Account until the debt is paid, with interest!

Ok let me spell it out so even you can understand.

troll account: Hey lend me 50 million ec for X?
anahadar: Sure thing bud *transfers money*
Troll account: *transfers to bpharma*
Troll account to anahadar: ha ha ha ha ha ha, you'll never get it back trolololololololol.
anahadar to Troll account: This player no longer exists.
anahadar: Damn :(

This probably won't happen to you necessarily but it will happen to lots of other people. This is a very bad idea.

wilbor2 12-19-2013 12:49 PM

If ur in the same fleet people could message the fleet leader and say theree not seen u on and owe u money n put it there for u thats if u trust the fleet leadership ive meet 1 or 2 that a robbing twats.

anahadar 12-19-2013 12:50 PM

I see your point.
But I think everyone has to manage his risk on his own. There are several ways to manage the risk.
And I must surely say I am upset because, I can't loan money to other people as I want, because such a tool is missing.

But I got your point and you are right in some ways. But loosing loan to a debtor, is the risk of free enterprise.