Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Cryptic, Ground Combat Horrible, Boring, Pointless & AFKable To Me Video (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=96267)

Archived Post 02-01-2010 11:33 AM

Cryptic, Ground Combat Horrible, Boring, Pointless & AFKable To Me Video

Honestly Cryptic,

You seriously need to fix up and put things back the way they were pre patch, even for ground combat... Now i don't even need to do anything in away missions as my BO are unstoppable...

I would never of dreamt about this prepatch as without my help they would die and i would have to respawn which sometimes (rarely) could be far away but not anymore...Though that doesn't matter anyway as i would respawn full health which is another example of why a death penalty is needed... It also makes nearly all drops pointless, why bother with hypo sprays, sheild recharges and power cells as you don't need them anyway plus its quicker to die and respawn fully healed!!!!

Please watch this video of me doing your missions whilst sitting down playing Bayonetta on my Xbox and merely just moving rooms when necessary...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlM89Fn-Tc0

Is this your idea of fun? Watch near the end when the Swordmaster is struggling to kill me with about 12 hits and im not fighting back at any point (so much of one shot kills)

Do you the developers actually play this game???? Can you not see what you did to the game and can you not see the amount of people who want the game made harder again, let link you to the sample... And by harder maybe not pre patch but at least 50% more than now, seriously we have one advantage the AI can never have, we cna think for ourselves instead of follow a script so let them cheat and let me Learn, screw the carebears, they will leave after a month or two from boredom anyway, or when the next fashion MMO comes and you will just have an STO champions...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88399

to the potential whinners out there and carebears... (Lena & NightmareGoddessLindsey) come to mind... All my BO have MK1 weapons, MK1 sheilds and no points spent on their ground skills...
This isn't just an early game problem before you say i haven't passed Lt yet, i was happilly doing the samething at Lvl 24 agaisnt romulans....

Archived Post 02-01-2010 11:39 AM

can't watch the video at work but, and I'm a firm proponent of getting difficulty back to start of open beta for space combat (I don't even call it space combat as it is now, it's just space swatting), but I don't find it that easy in ground combat. Sure, one group never kills me, but I do die sometimes when I aggro two groups (in those missions with patrol groups). But even then, I don't think my group can kill a mob group without my help. I'll test that next time I play.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 01:57 PM

I agree, the difficulty needs to be ramped up, greatly. Im still hoping Cryptic will come to their senses and put it back at the pre-open level.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:03 PM

It's a total Joke as we both agree mark, I just think these people who play the game " care bears " if you will who find everything so amazingly difficult either have to be playing the game totally wrong or just have no form of motor functions the fact that they have made it get to the point where you can AFK win stuff it's just upsetting.

End of the day the only people who lose out from this stuff are the ones that actually want this game to be good and remain strong for a long period of time.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:04 PM

Well DUH no wonder they could not kill you you have Shields. All " HARDCORE PLAYERS" need to Nerf them selfs to have fun , what you should have done was remove all armor,Shields, weapons , pants, shoes and blind fold your toon then hit your self with a hammer four times then play it.

For those of you who can't tell that was sarcasm

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:10 PM

Space combat is nearly the same... but got that made me laugh.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vasten (Post 1853893)
Well DUH no wonder they could not kill you you have Shields. All " HARDCORE PLAYERS" need to Nerf them selfs to have fun , what you should have done was remove all armor,Shields, weapons , pants, shoes and blind fold your toon then hit your self with a hammer four times then play it.

For those of you who can't tell that was sarcasm

No it was'nt you would'nt know what sarcasm was if it jumped and bit you :rolleyes:

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:58 PM

Here is the thing, do you want an away team that works well, or just harder opponents. My gripes during beta were about poor away team operation as they were not engaging targets as well as constantly getting hung up on terrain.

If your team is working as it should they will be effective regardless of the difficulty of the opponents.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceilican (Post 1856708)
Here is the thing, do you want an away team that works well, or just harder opponents. My gripes during beta were about poor away team operation as they were not engaging targets as well as constantly getting hung up on terrain.

If your team is working as it should they will be effective regardless of the difficulty of the opponents.

the opponents need to be harder, the away team is fine but the enemies are too easy not tactics no skill they just rush in head strong.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 03:11 PM

I do feel that for the most part, the Combat is very easy. There are a couple of instances where you are fighting unique NPCs and they can be a little challenging, but still nothing that is just frustratingly hard. I really don't know how this can be fixed. An MMO has to be accesible, which means that even casual players need to be catered too. Perhaps they could introduce some sort of difficulty slider that would scale the game, at least for people who are in an instance by themsevles. It gets a little more tricky when you are teamed up with multiple people. I mean, what is easy for us can be very difficult for someone else. I dunno...I do know that my away team seems to be a bunch of super soldiers...and that I can't complain too much that they actually are effective, using their powers and shooting at the enemy and what not.