Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Save Mission Progress (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=96516)

Archived Post 02-01-2010 01:50 PM

Save Mission Progress
 
Ok, Im not upset that the servers go down, or the game crashes or whatever problems may occur.
This is not my first time playing during Release. I understand that things happen.

What I am upset about is that when the server goes down or my game crashes I lose all progress in the mission I was doing.
I am getting sick and tired of having to do them over again.

Please Cryptic add something that saves your mission progress so Im not wasting time doing the same mission over again.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 01:56 PM

I agree... What really upset me is that I got a wicked drop.. disconnected... logged back in and item was gone forever. Really demoralising.

Cryptic need to sort this out asap or the game will die before its lived.

Archived Post 02-24-2011 12:32 AM

Missions that have the submissions and goals on the mission themselves will be saved.
Explore submissions will never be saved however most sector space missions can be saved. I hope that helps you.
Sidman

Archived Post 02-24-2011 01:29 AM

We recognize the frustration with instances and we have set a goal that most missions should not take more than 15 minutes to complete on average - so that way if you are disconnected, it softens the blow.

We do have checkpoints in longer missions such as the Feature Episodes where if you make it past certain objectives and disconnect, you can "continue" the mission from the sector space mission start - allowing you to jump to your last point.

Archived Post 02-24-2011 02:00 AM

glad to hear that Dan, as someone who gets interrupted every 15 minutes and has to log off at usually the worst of times during a mission, lol.

Archived Post 02-24-2011 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstahl (Post 3383316)
Wmissions should not take more than 15 minutes

I hope that's a joke, I really do. Come on... older missions take normally 30-40 mins to complete, just like the TV episodes in a way. I always enjoyed longer mission (besides, those DO have checkpoints, at basically every map transition). 15 min missions would be a complete joke, in fact I really dislike the way some missions are: kill one ship, kill 5 ground mobs and voila, you saved the universe! Thats lame, you might as well just send everyone some blues and purples per e-mail, since some people don't want to actually do something for them anyway.

Archived Post 02-24-2011 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
I hope that's a joke, I really do. Come on... older missions take normally 30-40 mins to complete, just like the TV episodes in a way. I always enjoyed longer mission (besides, those DO have checkpoints, at basically every map transition). 15 min missions would be a complete joke, in fact I really dislike the way some missions are: kill one ship, kill 5 ground mobs and voila, you saved the universe! Thats lame, you might as well just send everyone some blues and purples per e-mail, since some people don't want to actually do something for them anyway.

every patrol mission is about 15 minutes

Archived Post 02-24-2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summit (Post 3383833)
every patrol mission is about 15 minutes

You sure? Have you really measured the time needed? I think it's more. Heck, even travelling from one planet to another takes a minute or two... and there is usually 5 or so of them.

Archived Post 02-24-2011 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
You sure? Have you really measured the time needed? I think it's more. Heck, even travelling from one planet to another takes a minute or two... and there is usually 5 or so of them.

no, no, no, i mean each separate patrol mission is supposed to be about 10-15 minutes (though sometimes its much less). Not counting all 5 of them lets say in the total mission.

Archived Post 02-24-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidman
Missions that have the submissions and goals on the mission themselves will be saved.
Explore submissions will never be saved however most sector space missions can be saved. I hope that helps you.
Sidman

Please don't necro year old threads.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:42 AM.