Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   RE: "maintainence" (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=96530)

Archived Post 02-01-2010 01:54 PM

RE: "maintainence"

Why does it take two hours to restart the server after they crash...?

Archived Post 02-01-2010 01:55 PM

It's not really maintenance for us. See, Champions Online is down for "emergency maintenance". Since Star Trek Online basically uses most of the same servers as Champions Online, it's why we're down. I know for a fact, the Login Servers are shared between the two games.

It's why we're down. There will be NO MAINTENANCE done for Star Trek Online I bet. lmao

Archived Post 02-01-2010 01:56 PM

Probably because there is noone at the actual office now and they need to allow for someone to get there...

Orrrrr

It doesnt take 2 hours at all... Maybe they just say 2 hours so that we expect it up by then but really its a 30 min job. Its great if they can fix it before their said time publicly but visa versa will cause uproar...

Archived Post 02-01-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCircuits (Post 1853261)
It's not really maintenance for us. See, Champions Online is down for "emergency maintenance". Since Star Trek Online basically uses most of the same servers as Champions Online, it's why we're down. I know for a fact, the Login Servers are shared between the two games.

It's why we're down. There will be NO MAINTENANCE done for Star Trek Online I bet. lmao

Even if thats true(about servers being shared), you probably have it backwards. CO is probably down because of STO, not the other way around. There are probably more people playing STO today than there are CO, so the STO servers are the ones that are more likely to have problems.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:02 PM

Funny thing. The Champs website reports that CO is up right now--during the STO outage. Interesting hypothesis, though.

*CORRECTION 17:23 EST*

The Champs page is working a little differently than STO's. The server is listed as up in the header, but there's a notice about the Cryptic account system being down for no more than 1 hour. I sit corrected.

Single point of failure for both games? That wouldn't be a good idea.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:10 PM

If they cant handle the loads now tomorrow is not going to go well.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:10 PM

But, did we get a warning before it went down? I was in a mission so I might have missed it.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:14 PM

Maybe they are adding new server hardware in prep for tomorrow :)

Seems like every time the servers have gone down and come back up my performance has improved. Load times have been pretty snappy, except preceeding a server crash. Seems like the longer load times become the closer the servers are to going down.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:16 PM

no warning as far as i know was in the middle of fleet action ..

Archived Post 02-01-2010 02:17 PM

nope, no warning. the servers just went "boom"