Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Graphical and Sound Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Fatal Error Help! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=965461)

strorus 12-23-2013 03:01 PM

Fatal Error Help!

I was getting this intermittent Graphics error that would not allow me to get past the Legacy of Romulus loading screen on start up. But I would exit the game report the error with the Cryptic auto-error and log into the game on the second try.

However, this evening it is constant and I cannot get into the game and the following error message pops up...

"Fatal Error: Direct 3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while resetting the device.

Technical Details: AMD Radeon HD 5450"

The drivers are up to date, Direct X is up to date, I have force verified... Anyone know what is wrong? :(

echatty 12-24-2013 02:37 PM

This is happening to me with my NVidia GeForce 8200M G video card. Since Friday the 20th it started that up. Before I played the game fine.

I found I was able to boot into the game over the weekend by using safe mode on the launcher, but now it won't even do that, the video card crashes at the Legacy of Romulus screen and when it recovers all I have is a black screen with the opening music.

iontigerhawk 02-01-2014 03:25 PM

I am having the same problem. Last night Friday the sto game was running fine for a few hours and then started getting fatal error messages with my nvidia graphics card 8200m. However I did a test of the graphics card and it isn't the problem because my ddo client game is working just fine. The problem is with the sto updates.

darkswarmer 02-01-2014 04:47 PM

Draw error

My computer keeps crashing with STO. It says draw error and for its a brand new graphics card that plays all my other games but crashes with STO. I can get to the beams in step to the stars but then just get blue screen of death or just freezes. Please fix bug. Cant give me the error as comp restarts. I have GEforce Gtx650

iontigerhawk 02-01-2014 05:06 PM

I even installed a newer version of flashplayer,
flashplayer 12 to try and resolve problem. Didn't work.

iontigerhawk 02-01-2014 05:11 PM

Could be that the errors are caused by misconfigured files or corrupted files in the updates.

iontigerhawk 02-01-2014 05:12 PM

Going to see if a reformate of the harddrive helps.

iontigerhawk 02-02-2014 01:16 AM

Completed reformating of harddrive. Did manual install of updated flashplayer from 11 to 12. Now doing re-install of sto.

iontigerhawk 02-02-2014 02:02 AM

The problem is on sto end. After doing the full restore and installing the mmo, managed to get to the romulan legacy screen and it went just black screen following a new error code regarding fatal crash 8200m g. So much for staying up 'til 5 am to try and getting it resolved.
:(

slim3rd 02-15-2014 01:24 AM

Fatal Error Nightmare

Anybody know how to fix the fatal error with direct X? Games loads up until the Romulan title screen then goes black and crashes. Getting realll fed up with Cryptic..not spending money on a game I cant play.