Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Rage turns to laughter (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=96875)

Archived Post 02-01-2010 03:38 PM

Rage turns to laughter

I found out something today. There is a point you can reach were you are just soooo angry and then you get that one thing more and you can't stop laughing.

You guys can see that I don't post alot. I'm also not a qq kind of person. I want to play STO bad.

Here's where I am right now. This whole past weekend has been a rage trip for me. Wanting to play so much and the servers going down. Nothing new there with everyone having to deal with the same thing. The added element for me is that where I live the power has gone down a total of 17 times this past weekend during bad cold weather.

The power comes up but STO is down, STO is up but the power is down, that sort of thing. Ok here comes the funny part.

I'm sitting here this morning and the power is up and STO is online, AT THE SAME TIME!!! I'm playing for two hours n climbing and life just could not get better.

Then the power goes out. Oh Lord now I'm angry. I get up to pace a bit and see out the window someone gettin into a truck. I heard the sound come out of my face in a growl, no. I go running outside straight at this poor guy still growling and my wife is starting to yell my name. That one always seems to get me and I stop in my tracks and take a sec to get my breath.

Ok I talked to the guy. I try to explain that my bill is paid and he's gotta be crazy to turn my power off when I been without it for two days already. Long story short my wife insisted I put the guy down and go to the office to fix it.

I go down to the office and discover that all the power outages have hosed their system and they are wrong. My receipt for payment soooo helped here.

Now the punch line. I'm yelling, I mean I am really yelling and in walks another customer to complain that theirs got turned off as well and here is what he said.

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO PLAY STAR TREK ONLINE ALL WEEKEND!!! DO YOU PEOPLE WORK FOR CRYPTIC???

Archived Post 02-01-2010 03:46 PM

ROFL that was epic
10 characters

Archived Post 02-01-2010 03:47 PM

That is truly epic!!!!!

Archived Post 02-01-2010 03:49 PM

Really good story, hope you have better luck getting some game time soon!

Archived Post 02-01-2010 03:50 PM

Oh man, talk about bad luck. I feel ya, that truly does suck.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 04:02 PM

HAHAHA! This post was awesome!!!

Cheered me up a bit, thnx!

Archived Post 02-01-2010 04:06 PM

Truly good story :D

Archived Post 02-01-2010 04:14 PM

You of course offered to Fleet with him, right?

Archived Post 02-01-2010 04:20 PM

To the OP:

Did you trade forum names or in game names? Sounds like a start of a good friendship.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. ;)

Archived Post 02-01-2010 04:27 PM

awesome!! You must have looked at that other guy in a whole new way after that!! Sounds like maybe your building needs it's own fleet!!! lol. Awesome.