Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Ship Slot Limit?! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=969851)

ironmercer 12-29-2013 10:17 AM

Ship Slot Limit?!

So today I hit my ship slot limit. I didn't know there was one. Evidently the magic number is 38. Does STO seriously want me to stop spending Zen on ship slots? It's not like my massive dry dock is hurting anyone.

Please remove this limit! With all the new ships constantly coming out I am not going to delete a rare ship that took quite a bit of effort to get and properly outfit.

ghyudt 12-29-2013 10:25 AM

How about discharging the ones you don't use? Its not like you can't rebuy c-store ships for free. Save your build on the skill planner, and save your equipment in your bank. Surely you don't use 38 ships.

ironmercer 12-29-2013 10:30 AM

I collect ships, the different ships are what I like in the game. I'm already at the point where they are either Fleet or rare ones from events, boxes, or lobi. The c-store one's I dumped long ago. I like to have ships outfitted with different weapons selections that I can grab at any point and go play. I do use them, especially when our fleet has group theme nights for fun.

grouchyotaku 12-29-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironmercer (Post 14264541)
So today I hit my ship slot limit. I didn't know there was one. Evidently the magic number is 38. Does STO seriously want me to stop spending Zen on ship slots? It's not like my massive dry dock is hurting anyone. ....

Actually, if you consider the properties of a ship, its equipment and weapons, and all the consumables that it carries, you're talking about quite a bit of data. And when this gets multiplied by tens of thousands of accounts, each with multiple characters, you're talking about something that can easily become unmanageable...

ghyudt 12-29-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironmercer (Post 14264691)
I collect ships, the different ships are what I like in the game. I'm already at the point where they are either Fleet or rare ones from events, boxes, or lobi. The c-store one's I dumped long ago. I like to have ships outfitted with different weapons selections that I can grab at any point and go play. I do use them, especially when our fleet has group theme nights for fun.

The only other option I can think of would be to create another character and give them your unopened ships if possible. I doubt the limit will be removed. There has to be a limit otherwise the game would overload with so many ships.

dahminus 12-29-2013 11:47 AM

Could you do me a favor and list all your ships?

38 non redeemable ships seems pretty intense

ironmercer 12-29-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grouchyotaku (Post 14265471)
Actually, if you consider the properties of a ship, its equipment and weapons, and all the consumables that it carries, you're talking about quite a bit of data. And when this gets multiplied by tens of thousands of accounts, each with multiple characters, you're talking about something that can easily become unmanageable...

Data storage these days costs next to nothing. ...and besides that's what I'm paying for.

ironmercer 12-29-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahminus (Post 14265681)
Could you do me a favor and list all your ships?

38 non redeemable ships seems pretty intense

There are 23 ships alone that are cross-faction special (which I have most of) then add a few Fleet ships and a couple unique ones from the main faction list and it is very easy to get to max.

If you want a list of playable ships, check out the wiki: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Playable_starship

kimmym 12-29-2013 04:07 PM

I'm sitting at about 20 ships myself, and only 2 or 3 I can discharge.

If I could keep more of my C-Store ships out I would.

Some people I know collect Lobi and Box ships... They are really hurting...

jack24bau3r 12-29-2013 06:06 PM

The thing that is keeping me from getting all the lockbox/lobi/promo ships is the limit. Up that limit Cryptic, you did it with doffs, keep on going. More doff slots would be good too btw. Never can have enough of those.