Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Winter Wonderland annoyances (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=970161)

dracounguis 12-29-2013 04:25 PM

Winter Wonderland annoyances
 
1.) "They're Entering The Final Stretch!"
Hmm, no. If you look at the map, you start at 9 o'clock position, and the announcement of the final stretch is at the 3 o'clock position. That's about 2/3 the way, not anywhere near 'final'. The final stretch is generally the final straightaway on an oval track. By that definition, the final stretch of this race is very very near the end.

2.) Vendor Voices
I've had to turn off ALL voices to stop the nonstop yelling by the chef, epohh breeder and etc. How about a separate audio on/off for special event NPCs?

3.) Fastest Game on Ice line jumpers
Why when someone runs up and starts the race the same time I'm trying to start it, we both wave, then they get ported to the track and my race gets auto-failed? Then I have to run back and reacquire the race while the line-jumper gets to run the race. I have yet to 'win' the starting over a line jumper.

4.) Raising Epohhs 24hr cooldown
Why 24hrs when the Race is on 20hrs? Makes it hard for people who can't be on all the time. You can't 'walk' the time back for easier access on later days.

johngazman 12-29-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dracounguis (Post 14268311)
3.) Fastest Game on Ice line jumpers
Why when someone runs up and starts the race the same time I'm trying to start it, we both wave, then they get ported to the track and my race gets auto-failed? Then I have to run back and reacquire the race while the line-jumper gets to run the race. I have yet to 'win' the starting over a line jumper.

You snooze you lose brah :P

Joking aside, that really annoyed me this year too. Especially since it didn't happen last year - instead you just had to signal again if you lost the race to start, rather than being failed and having to go and see the Co-ordinator again.

People should be more damn patient. I ended up heading to the least populated Zones in the last week because it was preferable to dealing with all the impatient *******s in the more populated zones.

philipclayberg 12-29-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johngazman (Post 14268381)
You snooze you lose brah :P

Joking aside, that really annoyed me this year too. Especially since it didn't happen last year - instead you just had to signal again if you lost the race to start, rather than being failed and having to go and see the Co-ordinator again.

People should be more damn patient. I ended up heading to the least populated Zones in the last week because it was preferable to dealing with all the impatient *******s in the more populated zones.

Agreed! (not the first sentence, tho') I've done the F-and-F race twice ... 2-player race the first time; 2nd place finish; five or six-player second time; arrived at finish in 2nd place, but didn't hit the flag in time, got nothing because one of the other finishers took my 2nd place flag; I didn't even get any of the flags. Who created the extremely dumb reasoning that just because you didn't hit the flag in time someone else can steal it from you?

(steps off of the wooden box)

oldschooldork 12-29-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dracounguis (Post 14268311)
2.) Vendor Voices
I've had to turn off ALL voices to stop the nonstop yelling by the chef, epohh breeder and etc. How about a separate audio on/off for special event NPCs?

^^^This. It got real annoying real quick. I already have a wife and three daughters who feel they have to yammer at me from all directions while I'm trying to play, the vendor voices just multiply the annoyance factor by ten.

mikefl 12-29-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philipclayberg (Post 14268451)
Agreed! (not the first sentence, tho') I've done the F-and-F race twice ... 2-player race the first time; 2nd place finish; five or six-player second time; arrived at finish in 2nd place, but didn't hit the flag in time, got nothing because one of the other finishers took my 2nd place flag; I didn't even get any of the flags. Who created the extremely dumb reasoning that just because you didn't hit the flag in time someone else can steal it from you?

(steps off of the wooden box)

It's a race to the flag not the end of the track. The game mechanics of how the race works does not allow for it to work any other way. I sit next to my buddy and we are both running the race but his computer shows him ahead of me while mine shows me ahead of him... we can't both be right. So it's a race to the flag not the finish line. There are many other threads where this is explained in more detail.

mikefl 12-29-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dracounguis (Post 14268311)

4.) Raising Epohhs 24hr cooldown
Why 24hrs when the Race is on 20hrs? Makes it hard for people who can't be on all the time. You can't 'walk' the time back for easier access on later days.

Agreed. This should be 20hrs cooldown... I keep getting pushed into the morning hours as I go through 14 toons and each day it gets later until I just lose a day to start in the morning again. Same thing on New Romulus.

zachariya 12-29-2013 06:11 PM

I agree with all of your points, especially the voices. I turn my speakers off whenever I am near them. If I hear "DO YOU HAVE ANY RECIPIES?" or "LETS MAKE A TASTY TREAT, TOGETHER!" one more time I will go crazy

wuubb 12-29-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zachariya (Post 14269451)
I agree with all of your points, especially the voices. I turn my speakers off whenever I am near them. If I hear "DO YOU HAVE ANY RECIPIES?" or "LETS MAKE A TASTY TREAT, TOGETHER!" one more time I will go crazy

what i find amusing is that its "lets make a tasty treat *comma* together" and how he emphasizes "together"....

gives you a slightly different perspective on things doesnt it... :rolleyes::D

szerontzur 12-29-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dracounguis (Post 14268311)
2.) Vendor Voices
I've had to turn off ALL voices to stop the nonstop yelling by the chef, epohh breeder and etc. How about a separate audio on/off for special event NPCs?

/teethNashingAgreement

This is something that was completely intolerable for me with Neverwinter. EVERY time I closed that game I let out a very audible sigh of relief at the tranquil silence that followed. Closing that game, just to get away from all the noise, was quite possible a more pleasent experience than plaything the game itself for me.

I'm not saying background chatter/ambiance is bad or anything. The problem is the frequency of it. I actually sat there counting and the chef, alone, was spewing out voice-overs with less than a 5 second delay at points. I'm not sure if its triggered by player proximity or an internal timer.. but that direly needs to be scaled back to no sooner than 30 seconds between messages - personally, I'd shoot for at least a 2 minute delay.

/endRant

badname834854 12-29-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dracounguis (Post 14268311)
1.)

2.) Vendor Voices
I've had to turn off ALL voices to stop the nonstop yelling by the chef, epohh breeder and etc. How about a separate audio on/off for special event.

Why?!?! DON'T YOU WANT AN EPOHH FRIEND?!?!?! :D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:20 AM.