Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Earth Spacedock (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Looking for a Mature Fleet (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=97196)

Archived Post 02-01-2010 08:05 PM

Looking for a Mature Fleet

I'm a Late 30's fanatical gamer (in that I play A LOT), looking for a laid back small-medium size group of older gamers to join. Please have a voice server and in interest in playing the game, not biotching about it. Prefer PvE but I enjoy PvP as well.

Please send me a PM if your fleet is recruiting.

Cheers!
Shamus

Archived Post 02-01-2010 10:16 PM

Hi there :) We're a guild of about roughly 35 or so members at this point ranging in age anywhere from some low 20's to mid 40's and even one new guy in his 50's (the core longer standing membership pre-STO is 30's and early 40's). We have both EU and US folks mixed, a well established guild, and while mature, it depends on one's definition/context of 'mature'. We're mature in the sense of age and overall general experience, but we don't act like a bunch of serious minded stuffshirts either, as our crew is all about laid back fun and joking around much of the time. You can check out our full recruitment thread here, and if we sound like your type of group, then feel free to sign up:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88456

Regardless of your decision, I wish you the best of luck going forward, and thanks for taking the time to read this. :)

Archived Post 02-02-2010 12:28 AM

If you're looking for a fleet, come check out The Fifth Fleet.
We're looking for all types of players.

The Fifth Fleet is looking for more recruits, we have many places still to fill out in our fleet, especially in the departments of Science & Exploration, and also in our Tactical Operations, Logistics & Security departments.

What we want:

Dedication
Creative thinking
Formality when talking to fellow officers
Honorable conduct
Support your fellow officers - We laugh together and we grieve together
What we give:

Exams to teach you about our procedures, science, military strategies
A circle of friends, the Fifth fleet is more than just a random group of nobodies. We are true friends here.
Dedication from our officers - You are never alone
Always a good laugh
Fleet movie nights, Fleet game nights
Ample rewards for those who deserve such rewards

The Fleet is looking for You!
You think you got what it takes? Enlist Here.

Remember, only the best serve in the Fifth Fleet. If you feel you aren't the best - Don't worry. We'll make you the best that you can be.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 06:48 AM

Greetings!

I am Letum Omnis, of TCON (The Consortium). You may wish to give our group a look. We are made up of a group of mature gamers, and are a"family style" group, without any specific time requirements.

Just a glimpse of some of the things we can offer:
  1. We are extremely well organized, with command structure, ranks, and advancement in place.
  2. Clearly identified means of promotion within the fleet that corresponds with the in game ranking structure.
  3. Fun, family friendly atmosphere.
  4. NO DRAMA! We have a mature, drama free member base, with strong leadership.
  5. Good size fleet, (over 75 on the roster now, and growing).
  6. Global member base (U.S., UK, NZ), so we typically will have someone on at all times.
  7. Seven (7) year history together in various MMO's, and have accomplished much in our previous MMO's
  8. A nice mix of folks who RP. So if you enjoy that, we can offer it as well.
  9. Close knit group of folks who are willing to go the extra mile to help you out, and make you feel at home.
  10. We have vent, and forums.

I suggest heading over to our primary recruting thread and our forums for more information, and see what you think. If you think we are a good fit, then feel free to contact me here, on our forums, or in game.

My in game name is the same as my signature. (Letum Omnis@flakk)

Links to our webpage and primary recruiting thread are in my signature.
(Contain additional information)

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks!

Archived Post 02-02-2010 07:25 AM

It sounds like Fleet 1580 might have what you're looking for. We are a fleet of mature (30+) officers who all have jobs, families, and other responsibilities in real life. We are a smaller fleet, and that has made for a very friendly gaming experience for all of us. Each of the fleet's officers know the others, and so there's lots of friendly banter and helpful advice on the Vent channel. We highly value teamwork, and our veteran officers help out newer officers to learn the game. Since many of us have lifetime subscriptions, we have a vested interest in playing the game for a while.

We are located in the Eastern and Central US timezones. We do use some light RP elements, such as fleet ranks and awards, but RP is not mandatory.

We would be honored if you would consider joining us. Our fleet site is here: http://fleet1580.guildlaunch.com. If you have other questions, please feel free to PM me. I wish you the best of luck in finding a fleet, and we hope to see you in-game!

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:49 AM

Well the Mail Server is down. So no PM.

Anyway were a PvE type of group, we may branch off with a PvP group but thats later.

Were layed back, don't care if you are new or old, pro or noob or have a somewhat understanding. We just wan't to have fun.

Come Check us out. =)

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:50 AM

Greetings!

I My name is Mike Lucas or Mlucas in game I am the one of the officers of STO and founder of BKB a online gaming community of over 2000 active members.. You may wish to give our group a look. We are made up of a group of mature gamers, yet of all ages we are above all a “family style" group, without any specific time requirements. WE have a code of conduct that is simply but enforced.

Just a glimpse of some of the things we can offer:
1. We are extremely well organized, with over 12 years of MMO Experience in every major MMO from large mega guilds to small guilds. W
2. WE stress team work, respect to other guild members and gamers.
3. Fun, family friendly atmosphere.
4. NO DRAMA! We have a mature, drama free member base, with strong leadership.
5. Good size fleet, and growing daily
6. Members in several countries (U.S., UK, NZ), so we are on around the clock many who took out 1 year and lift time memberships so we plan on being here for a while.
7. With a 12 year history together in various MMO's, we know what it takes to make a guild grow and remain not only strong but more importantly enjoyable
8. A nice mix of folks who are hard core and causal.
9. Close knit group of folks who are willing to go the extra mile to help you out, and make you feel at home.
10. We have dedicated vent, ( which to insure the best possible team work is mandatory ),month newsletters, Weekly fleet events and a very active forum.

May I suggest heading over to our forums for more information, and see what you think. If you think we are a good fit, then feel free to contact me here, or register on our forums, and you can contact any player or senior member to help with any questions
If you like to Join
My in game name is Mlucas

If you like to join Please visit our web site , http://www.startrekonlineguildhq.com/

Archived Post 02-04-2010 08:23 AM

Hello Shaamus,

Me and a frien have just setup a fleet based in the EU if you wish to join. Were are good gamers but not always focasing on intense gaming altough im always online mainly cause im addicted to gaming. We are just a small fleet but will be bigger once the game is released in the EU. if you wish to join or just chat about the game drop by are forums.
http://the-irish-fleet.clangrid.com/forums/

Archived Post 02-04-2010 08:27 AM

57th Squadron is a gaming family dedicated to having fun with friends online while maintaining the highest standards of skill and sportsmanship. Not tied to any particular game or genre, 57th is open to all who enjoy gaming with friends. We welcome all challenges, be they in game or in life, and we face each with the same vigor and together.

http://57th.net/recruitment

Archived Post 02-04-2010 09:01 AM

While we aren't exclusively an "older" fleet, we do consider ourselves a mature one. That's not to say there are no ++ players in Fleet 187. I am 50. The 1-8-7 believes in allowing players to play the game their way. We have PvP players, PvE players, a few RP players and one or two who have no idea what those letters mean (they just want to play). We do expect a couple of things: 1. Be active both in-game and on the website; 2. Respect one another; and 3. Represent the fleet well in-game. Fleet 187 has a website and uses vent. Stop byfleet187.com and see what we're all about. I think you'll be glad you did.