Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Captain Rank (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=97257)

Archived Post 02-01-2010 08:57 PM

Captain Rank

I just checked in game and already players are Captain rank and probably going to reach Admiral rank by tomorrow. Kind of sucks that players can reach end game in 3 to 4 days.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 09:02 PM

i think its a bit of a logarithmic scale..the higher the rank..the more xp you need to rank up....like at Lt you need 100 for each skill point increase..then at Lt Cmdr you need 200.....wonder if its 300 for each skill point at captain level..etc

to be honest im not that surprised, there are a few quick ways to grind, changing instances in the encounters is one way, rather than waiting on the timer...and some folk get lucky and keep jumping into places that are 7/9 done etc

im more worries about any socalled skill cap, but not seen anything from the devs about it..i wanna be able to rank up ALL my skills....on the one character...

Archived Post 02-01-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormshadowmdk
I just checked in game and already players are Captain rank and probably going to reach Admiral rank by tomorrow. Kind of sucks that players can reach end game in 3 to 4 days.

You see this in most MMOs. I remember when WoW came out someone hit their level cap in something like 38 hours.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 09:06 PM

Actually their is a skill cap now. There is a post of someone creating a character builder for the game that can help you plan out your skill points.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
You see this in most MMOs. I remember when WoW came out someone hit their level cap in something like 38 hours.

You can only do that by exploiting or getting power levelled.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theCorvus

Doesn't change the fact that it happens, does it? ;)

Archived Post 02-01-2010 09:21 PM

C'est la vie. Enjoy the ride, and it really doesn't matter if someone got there first.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 09:28 PM

if you saw this captin on your friends list its more then likely that its the bug that shops hem from CO because tey are level 30+ the devs have said that its impossible to make captin so quickly commander maybe but not captin

Archived Post 02-01-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theCorvus

Uhh... no I can lvl to 60 in WoW in 38 hours play time without exploiting or being power lvled. Maybe not when the game first came out, but I was level 30 within the first week of WoW's launch, and was 60 before Christmas.

Archived Post 02-01-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormshadowmdk

All games have power levelers. Toss in beta tester who know the in and outs of exploitive leveling and it makes sense. :confused: