Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Cryptic, you're VILE! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=97571)

Archived Post 02-02-2010 02:33 AM

Cryptic, you're VILE!

Keeping the C-store closed until today was really mean. I used headstart to happily level my half-Klingon, get a Constitution, a bat'leth and my perfect bridge crew and then wanted to wait for my Borg bridge officer. And now you make Klingons playable for a few dollars on the Federation side........:( Guess I have to start over.:D

Archived Post 02-02-2010 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Tar
Keeping the C-store closed until today was really mean. I used headstart to happily level my half-Klingon, get a Constitution, a bat'leth and my perfect bridge crew and then wanted to wait for my Borg bridge officer. And now you make Klingons playable for a few dollars on the Federation side........:( Guess I have to start over.:D

If you start over...just for the Klingon traits...man......i sense some serious kind of problem here.... ;)

Archived Post 02-02-2010 02:51 AM

the fact you would have to pay for playing a klingon on the fed side is kinda unforgivable really, but to be honest its livable since klingon abilitys suck anyway.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 02:52 AM

Make your own.. What is the problem?

Archived Post 02-02-2010 02:55 AM

its called waiting for when live starts, i havent really played much due to a sick husband but still i waited, the headstart was a nice thing but i played enough in beta to be able to wait till after headstart to start playing, i mean there is no rush to lvl anyways..

Archived Post 02-02-2010 03:58 AM

I dislike these "micro-transactions". I'm going to be really ****ed if we have to pay for respecs.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 03:59 AM

Micro-transactions are really going to bug me if they continue. I can see it now...

Any new race will be a mt, any new expansions will be a mt. We pay a subscription to play the game, why should we then pay more for extras which frankly should be included in the game in the first place.

You guys should think about going for government in the UK, as Micro-transactions are essentially a tax on a tax.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haibot (Post 1867331)
I dislike these "micro-transactions". I'm going to be really ****ed if we have to pay for respecs.

Best start your breathing techniques now, mate.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haibot (Post 1867331)

Cryptioc have said respecs will use in-game currency

Archived Post 02-02-2010 04:48 AM

I don't get this apparently allergic reaction to micro-transactions. Its like WoW bashing, which is also often based on misconceptions and ommisions of the real truth, just to sound "cool" in some perverted way.

Personally, I'm happy to see such options appearing. This is a company after all, and companies exist to make money. Want everything for free included as part of your subscription? Sorry but that's not how it works.
Often new races are introduced with expansions in other games. Which, just like micro transactions you have to pay for. The difference is that micro transactions just give you access to content now that traditionally would be reserved for big expansions. You dont have to buy them, they are there for your convenience.

You have to ask yourself, what is your motivation for playing a Klingon, is it that you just love the ruggid good looks and charm, or the whole game experience of being one?