Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Whats Your Fave Trek Game? - if you couldn't say STO (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=976421)

solidshatner 01-06-2014 03:42 PM

Whats Your Fave Trek Game? - if you couldn't say STO

I was cleaning up some old boxes around the house the other day and found my old stash of Trek video games. I had crap in there for the original GameBoy, SEGA, C-64, Amiga, PS2, PC you name it.

If you had to pick just one Trek game that has been out over the years, what would it be? Star Trek Armada II? Elite Force II? Bridge Commander? Maybe you even shared in my bitter tears spending $60+ on Star Trek Legacy for XBox 360? Maybe your fave was the old Borg Nukem mod.

What did you like and why?

drogyn1701 01-06-2014 03:49 PM

Over all the years of Trek gaming, my favorite would have to be Elite Force. Ironically from my least favorite of the shows, but it had a great story, great characters and found a way to balance being a shooter with all that entails and still staying true to the shows.

Dang it, now I have to go an install it for some retro gaming goodness!

solidshatner 01-06-2014 04:02 PM

Oh man - Elite Force is definately up there for me too (and I also wasn't big on Voyager). Something just felt soooo right about that hand-phaser. I can't put my finger on why or how . . . but I remember it had the 'feel?' just perfect.

mirrorchaos 01-06-2014 04:18 PM

i would say my favorite? hmm, that would be the fleet operations modification of sta2. turtling like crazy as fed player with quan turrets firing 6 lines of turrets popping hundreds of AI ships. or mass cloaking rommie or klingon ships and slowing your computer down massively then decloaking on an enemy base with 6 fleets. or borg domination with a fleet of tactical cubes and hundreds of assimilated ships from the AI.

ryan218 01-06-2014 04:27 PM

I'd have to say it would be a toss-up between Bridge Commander and Star Trek: Conquest for me. BC is fun on its own but gets even more fun when you add mods (and there are thousands of those), while Conquest is just tons of fun, even with the limitations you have. It also has some of my favourite Star Trek game music (courtesy Bethesda using the same soundtrack for all their ST games).

markhawkman 01-06-2014 04:41 PM

I loved Conquest, until I'd beaten it as all 6 races... I actually got to the point where I'd figured out how the map generated, and could draw a map of which systems ALWAYS spawned, and which systems would get added to the map for each faction. Then I got bored and went back to modding Space Empires 5(technically not a Star Trek game, although the creator was apparently a Trekkie).

For actual Star Trek games, I'd go with Birth of the Federation. I did eventually get bored of it, but it took a long time.

sander233 01-06-2014 04:55 PM

Starfleet Command.

For many reasons, chief among them for me is that you get to play as the Gorn.

steamwright 01-06-2014 07:59 PM

Elite Force. It was quite a bit of what I'd hoped Voyager would be, but never was.

EF2 and Birth of the Federation would make the list, too.

charliescot25 01-06-2014 08:22 PM

Bridge Commander and Armada II

starswordc 01-06-2014 08:39 PM

Only other Star Trek game I've actually played was Starship Creator.