Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Tribbles...best buy exclusive yea right (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=97826)

Archived Post 02-02-2010 05:27 AM

Tribbles...best buy exclusive yea right
 
The name says it all. Best Buy pre-order you get a tribble or a targ. Tribbles are everywhere in game, loot drops and on the exchange. How is the tribble you get from the pre-order any better? Some type of special tribble that's different? Anyone try their tribble yet from Best Buy?

Archived Post 02-02-2010 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidhavoc (Post 1869076)
The name says it all. Best Buy pre-order you get a tribble or a targ. Tribbles are everywhere in game, loot drops and on the exchange. How is the tribble you get from the pre-order any better? Some type of special tribble that's different? Anyone try their tribble yet from Best Buy?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea

Archived Post 02-02-2010 05:31 AM

HMV in the UK tried to pull that one on us too before everyone started finding them all over the place ingame. Play is usually bad for this sort of thing, they like to sell you preorder items you can get by finishing games on normal.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 05:32 AM

Tribble from best buy = Vanity Pet.

It follows you around in ground areas.

Tribbles in game = combat/non-combat buffing devices for ground. You rub it and it goes back in your pocket.

You could at least wait til you actually see the difference or lack thereof before posting complaints...

Archived Post 02-02-2010 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerhelm (Post 1869143)
You rub it and it goes back in your pocket.

i lol'ed at that ... sounds nasty

Archived Post 02-02-2010 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerhelm (Post 1869143)
Tribble from best buy = Vanity Pet.

It follows you around in ground areas.

Tribbles in game = combat/non-combat buffing devices for ground. You rub it and it goes back in your pocket.

You could at least wait til you actually see the difference or lack thereof before posting complaints...

Ohhh... That does not sounds very child safe.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 05:35 AM

I was under the impression that the exclusive tribble was a sort of vanity pet and not the same as the other tribbles in game. No idea really though.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 05:39 AM

How would a tribble move and follow you; I mean they have no apparent means of locomotion??? My tribs just seem to fornicate in my inventory and make more tribs :).

Archived Post 02-02-2010 05:43 AM

The decent exclusive bonuses of ANY MMO are vanity ones. Stat based gear ones are useless (aka red matter, shields, **** wings, War arhinos)

Archived Post 02-02-2010 05:45 AM

Best Buy did get the short end of the pre-order parade on this one though. Ussually they have a bit better pre-order items =\


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:00 PM.