Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Official Smallcraft Arena feedback thread (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=980001)

coldsnapped 01-10-2014 04:16 PM

Official Smallcraft Arena feedback thread

Please post all feedback and bugs found for the new PvP queue Smallcraft Arena in this thread:

Smallcraft Arena:
  • A new arena has been created for small craft.
  • This is a 5v5 queue similar to other space PvP arenas.
  • This will be the first PvP queue which allows mixed faction teams to fight against each other.

wast33 01-11-2014 12:05 PM

... i just hope tribble-shuttle-pvp-activity is not seen as a meter of interest for pvp improvements. i tried to go on tribble, no one q'd.
same i heard from some fleeties who tried at different times.

actually i'd preferred if this has been pushed directly to holodeck, just as some other content that never saw tribble (plz correct me if i'm wrong and that stuff does not exist ;)).

so plz don't see it as a meter of interest in pvp-improvements in whole if people barely get a match to pop on tribble at all.
the interest is there (as u probably can think off of ur own. just wanted to see it written :D).

edit:
as for feedback for now i can state i like the idea of mixed faction q's, as of shuttle pvp q. at least it gives something to people who enjoy flying small crafts.

cerritourug 01-11-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wast33 (Post 14449901)
... i just hope tribble-shuttle-pvp-activity is not seen as a meter of interest for pvp improvements. i tried to go on tribble, no one q'd.

Agree, the problem to test a queue PVP mission is that you need 10 players to be at the same time in tribble. It was hard even when we tested the PVE that only need it 5. I tried yesterday but we were only 5 players queue.
I think that both ideas, PVP Shuttle and mixed queues are very good and hope to test them soon.

Sorry for bad english.

adjudicatorhawk 01-13-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Agree, the problem to test a queue PVP mission is that you need 10 players to be at the same time in tribble.
The queue should pop with only 8 people, but we know the proportion of players with Tribble patched and ready-to-go who also like PvP and have a shuttle they'd want to play in is probably pretty low.

playhard88 01-13-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk (Post 14473011)
The queue should pop with only 8 people, but we know the proportion of players with Tribble patched and ready-to-go who also like PvP and have a shuttle they'd want to play in is probably pretty low.

and shuttle pvp is not that exiting for most of us, but we are really interested in having the crossfaction system for existing queques. Maybe add the shuttle pvp in the next holodeck patch for have a more large playerbase testing at it.

pwebranflakes 01-13-2014 04:52 PM

For those looking to test this new queue out and provide feedback, check out this event coming up this Thursday, the 16th! http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=982381 -- hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

canis36 01-13-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playhard88 (Post 14474281)
and shuttle pvp is not that exiting for most of us, but we are really interested in having the crossfaction system for existing queques. Maybe add the shuttle pvp in the next holodeck patch for have a more large playerbase testing at it.

Speak for yourself. The lack of options for small-craft actually makes it seem more attractive to myself and a few others that I've spoken to who would be more amenable to a casual PvP experience than is allowed by the existing, entrenched community and allows for an experience that, if not quite fair, is at least far closer than currently exists.

playhard88 01-13-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canis36 (Post 14477591)
Speak for yourself. The lack of options for small-craft actually makes it seem more attractive to myself and a few others that I've spoken to who would be more amenable to a casual PvP experience than is allowed by the existing, entrenched community and allows for an experience that, if not quite fair, is at least far closer than currently exists.

i speak in general as a pvp player, im agree that it can be more friendly for casual players ( is easy to play, don't need too much gear and shuttles are cheap), but there is many ways of one-shoot a shuttle without too much work, i think it will be more frustrating than fun, at least with the current state of things.

kimmym 01-13-2014 05:24 PM

Meh, shuttle PvP is a fun diversion. It will give me something to do with that Aeon I bought but never use.

The gem here is cross faction queuing.

wast33 01-14-2014 07:19 AM

may anyone else could try a shuttle challenge on tribble (due to no q pop)?

a fleetie and me just tried to challenge each other on cracked planetoid in shuttles (him fed-rom, me klink) and we both got booted out.
on re-log booted out again twice. my fleetie safe mode, me normal :(.